What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (42 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just following up to mention that the 285/70R18 Ridge Grapplers are definitely available. I got curious and called Discount Tire Direct after I heard back from Nitto. They called Nitto HQ and sure enough were able to bring them if needed. One thing led to another and now I have new tires on the way and some nice KO2s to unload.

Tell me more about those KO2s. I just bought my LC a few weeks ago, it's a 2008 with stock wheels. I believe the KO2s you mention in your signature would fit, correct? I'm a few hours north. Let's make a deal when you get your new tires in.

Started a small cleaning project.o_O
gutted.jpg

Great photo. Nice to see what lies underneath.

That most have been a very very large cup of coffee that was spilled.

Mmmm, 200 wheel rear bearings are such a beast to do, and I'm a bit disappointed we are seeing failures at 125-150k, my 100 has 235k on original rear bearings fwiw and they are easier to change imo.

View attachment 1630699

The upside... time for a rear ARB Air Locker while the shafts are out :D

My 09 had just 70k on it and needed BOTH left hand side wheel bearings replaced. Toyota platinum warranty to the rescue again, if I recall correctly it would have been over $2k repair bill.

My 09 had just 70k on it and needed BOTH left hand side wheel bearings replaced. Toyota platinum warranty to the rescue again, if I recall correctly it would have been over $2k repair bill.

Wow, that is even lower miles than I suspected.

Got some things done these past few weeks. First, put some spacers under my compressor as the twin compressor on the Slee mount blocks quick access to the fuse panel on 16+ models (have to take a filter off to get the top of fuse box off). Saw another post where @RobRed and @indycole did this, so I followed suit. Not a major issue, but now I don't have to take the filter off.

Next, I put in front and rear dashcams (Thinkware F800 Pro). They are working out great and I also installed a battery backup that's sitting in the glove box. This allows for recording when the car is parked. It's set off motion, so the backup battery can last quite a while.

Lastly, I got the TJM bumper, Slee sliders, BP-51s, and KO2s put on.

2uVj0HE.jpg

3N4uOXQ.jpg

DUd1sYC.jpg

zhqKroN.jpg

MdVdkhH.jpg

buF8M3E.jpg

Last edited:
I purchased 5 new Ridge Grapplers today as part of Discount tires presidents days special. Which is $65 off normal price plus if you sign up and finance same as cash you pick up an additional $75 off - why not. No stipulations about paying it off early either, which I will this week. Basically, half the price of a tire was given to me as a rebate / promo. I have enjoyed my Cooper Stt Pros but the side wall profile swells out enough that I've had to run front spacers and I'm done with that. The Coops will soon be taken off the 200 and mounted on some SCS F5's that I got for my 80 series.
New shoes all around!

Bought some new shoes for the LX. I plan on wrapping them in Ridge Grapplers.

tundrawheels.jpg

Great photo. Nice to see what lies underneath.

That most have been a very very large cup of coffee that was spilled.

I think it was several large cups of coffee, several large sodas, ... This thing was more than a little dirty. The PO was fairly disgusting. The carpet got pressure washed and shampooed, the seats will get cleaned and treated, and the interior panels are all getting a good bath. I really want to replace the carpet altogether (some stains aren't coming out, and there are a couple of tears) but the $1000+ that it would cost me could buy lots of other goodies... unless there are cheaper aftermarket alternatives?

Ok let's have the whole story ;)

I picked the Cruiser up a couple of weeks ago and I just wanted to see how it worked.;)

Finally looking for all that lost change eh? ;)

Mine is in the shop, feel free to do the same. Tell you what, you pull it apart and you can keep the change :D

I've spent enough time in yours to know what I'd find if I tore it apart.:flipoff2: In mine, I did find a second key (just the blade - no fob) and a key for a Harley, but a disappointingly small amount of change.

Bought some new shoes for the LX. I plan on wrapping them in Ridge Grapplers.

View attachment 1638145

Honestly drive on the LTXs first and check your mileage before changing.

For as much highway driving I have done I can say I miss the LTXs, lol. 1MPG better and so much smoother and more control.

They don't look cool or work great offroad but this are the tires that should have come standard on our rigs.

Users who are viewing this thread

• JAS4
Back
Top Bottom