What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (29 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A few years back, Joe Bacal, the previous owner of Monica was selling off his "left over" rock warriors for $150 a set....
I wish I had bought all he had....hindsight 20/20 and all.

Me too! We ended up with 7 or 8 from Joe but attrition of wheels is about 2-3 per season as of late :D

I averaged $100/wheel total cost for 8 RWs just back in the fall, and saw another set pop up for $600 locally recently. Deals are out there.

I upgraded all my flexible brake lines with extended-length, stainless braided lines from Crown Performance. I also flushed the brake system with fresh fluid. My brakes feel a bit more responsive/firm.
Now to go CRV hunting....(like @TonyP).....

Awesome! I recall a similar improvement when switching to stainless lines in my Discovery. Mind if I ask which set you used from Crown? The 2007-2013 Tundra lines?

Awesome! I recall a similar improvement when switching to stainless lines in my Discovery. Mind if I ask which set you used from Crown? The 2007-2013 Tundra lines?
They are "custom made"! :)
I followed @Atwalz and @Mogwai 's leads on this one. I called Crown and spoke with John (I believe his name was). @Atwalz mentioned in his post that the lines he ordered were perhaps a bit too long - so I based my order off of his but then shortened the lines a bit. From memory I ordered the Front 2" longer and the rear's 3" longer than stock. If you call them they can look up my order and you can use that as a starting point.
The only issue I thought I had was that the stock front lines have "flat" banjo fittings and @Atwalz 's initial order had banjo fittings for the front that have a bit of an angle to them. Either way would work. I just thought I was going to run into an issue with the angled banjos - but they work fine.
Good luck - I'll be honest - getting to those rear lines between the frame and the axle was not my idea of fun - especially if you have a little rust on those union nuts. Remember to spray some penetrant on there first - and definitely use a 10mm flare-nut wrench!

image.jpg

I left the rock rings and center caps at home thinking I'd just put those finishing details on myself after the tires were mounted. Now that I think about it I hope that didn't completely negate the balance that DT did without all that stuff. Oh, well. If so, I will take it back in and have them balance them again.

I was also very pleasantly surprised that my truck's spare tire hanger did NOT need modification to mount the spare RW in its standard spot.

Lucky guy

I was also very pleasantly surprised that my truck's spare tire hanger did NOT need modification to mount the spare RW in its standard spot.

that's a new "feature" of the 2016+ models... not sure why that changed (new wheel design, maybe?), but i was certainly happy about it.

The TRD RW's look so much better without the "beauty" ring. For a high end rim, forged no less, why put the extra weight and complexity of that bolt on ring?

Wheels look super good on your 200.
Yea know, they really don't weigh much but I see your point. I do like how they protect the valve stem and the rim itself from rocks. All the rims i've ran have deep gouging in the outer bead from laying up or pressing into rocks, I kinda like knowing that I can unbolt a cheap ring and replace it down the road.

That said, I probably never will, I kinda like scars on my wheels. Jeeps have a little badge that says they are trail rated (as in could but haven't yet), scars on my wheels are my trail validated badge (could, and has badge).

The TRD RW's look so much better without the "beauty" ring. For a high end rim, forged no less, why put the extra weight and complexity of that bolt on ring?

Wheels look super good on your 200.

Valve stem protection. If you don't drive in rocky stuff...no need but if you do?
-I'm actually pretty sure I'd have lost a valve stem without one of my RW rings last Summer... That's the main purpose they do serve beyond looking perty... ;)

Truck looks great, btw... !! Amazing what a set of wheels and tires will do.

What size tire can I run on a stock 2017 LC with 18" wheels? Taking delivery next week and I'd like to put a set of BFG A/T KO2's on the stock wheel for now. Thanks for any help.

What size tire can I run on a stock 2017 LC with 18" wheels? Taking delivery next week and I'd like to put a set of BFG A/T KO2's on the stock wheel for now. Thanks for any help.

You can safely run 285/65R18s. Reports from owners here on Mud say the biggest you can run stock is 275/70R18, but there might be a chance of slight rubbing on your lower control arm...or is it upper? Anyway, whichever it is it isn't enough rubbing to stop you from running them. Some folks have run them and reported no rubbing at all.

You can safely run 285/65R18s. Reports from owners here on Mud say the biggest you can run stock is 275/70R18, but there might be a chance of slight rubbing on your lower control arm...or is it upper? Anyway, whichever it is it isn't enough rubbing to stop you from running them. Some folks have run them and reported no rubbing at all.

Thanks for the reply. I am going to take it to Discount Tire next week and do a test fit on the front with the 275's in a A/T KO2.

I bought my first 200 today. It was a trade in so waiting for deal to clear and pass inspection before I can take her home. Appears to have good service history. She sat just as seller traded her in so saw warts and all. Better that way to see at her worst. She needs a bit of TLC and clean up. Looking forward to learning about the 200.

She is a 2008 with 200k miles.
[URL=http://s193.photobucket.com/user/lcgeek/media/20170520_123527_zpssq4nzhtx.jpg.html] [/URL]

[URL=http://s193.photobucket.com/user/lcgeek/media/20170520_123550_zpsb7tdqcoj.jpg.html] [/URL]

bought 2008 LC200 this week and got 285 65 r18 BFG KO2 on stock wheels. They rub a bit on front superior/medial when max turning. probably not enough to matter. Same tires in KO version did not rub on prior LC100

One week in and finished the first mod. Had originally planned on another RTT, but decided to try the interior sleeping platform for now.

I think there's a special place in hell for the person at ARB who wrote the install instructions.

For those of who who've installed the ARB drawers without drilling, what mounting point did you use at the rear of the truck? Additionally, does anyone put anything under the front of the drawers since they're basically hanging in the air?

Fnol60x.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom