What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (41 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks. I borrowed that location from someone else here (can't remember who?). I didn't figure I needed to stare at that thing all the time and it cuts down on the clutter on the center console.

That was probablly me... :) ...though I can't really take credit for it. Slee mounted my monitor there and I think it's a perfect spot. Out of site while driving, but easy to access going in or out. That's another reason I wanted my inverter controller right on my door panel as well. Super handy placement.

Installed the IBS dual battery system along with a Optima Yellow Top using Slee's battery mount. No electrical fires or anything, so I guess it was successful :)

If you want to be real anal, the positive lead should be on the inside of the vehicle, away from the side, theory being if you're in an accident the positive will be further away from the body? I don't know how much it matters but that's how I ran mine, they even sell batteries that are flipped, so the positive is on the other side.

LvDoUPdL1m7v0K-m0aCbjqieDbaG8n487IIpyavW8onXA4cs_jmSyPmgLxtAp5bqvolUyWV6xfbKIXlbreMNxjgjJSFNGNHcJ65rOJqy7Iw3HzeLAhcLPGPf5Nz8IJfuB6cWPE4VUp2ys_pvzGc08y8gQ9YeUwWmWQLvBeFMwW8cLVE1jPFsfN_a9X0XT0FpwLc4IJ_4icCMOXT3dNCQl-LN0r8qSee3Mxw57iba2I2OCXhNUdItE9_fx_z8UxprdIBRGqHFT15O3U-bPwYser3pjdTkcQcbNu_y_bmgZpudeu2rBK4Gtrv-5p1loEqmdC6Wu-vbJM7BuKnJutpO-oRjC_DhfG54MlHDZZ1HuzFMKApKU3rAwwDWnqccsQs2Pt8-JiWUvD-XIKkleLS3KbjI1HwzsL6jAKZTEs0DMp6cBYprgX3xeQRagf8AGa17wXbsVmUCn1B_38LJgpGeepNxSewmrmVzl2brZHRkMA18cNXuzVu4EN-tTjGU2BDduP2wbYcuymC2s7VnX5gOU1JNVtNSfdoL8uO47iBHUplTCuyqKP3eAP2H2-RqOdywA2WJwNyyW7VUVX3YV6aK5UabGoufJ836lrIXTPpG4t-WU-7xO7eQ0Q=w713-h950-no

KpfgNCefHCCZh2Z-taImsh0XiPSPR67GUzqi09U5Jvg-MaE143x0t7iCRjwHiT_3djI8npJhH7rZ1Bv8NH7mAYFS7USjM2RxFJqVNJMN8S6QlyDOv40yATQKWDIr0KXAsJpArHL93rQ0dT6xZCE1cMXq4zxij5EdQoSmhP-2hd4Z5UETd16F3DFkm-xiMbn-h-gy-2JwbOAyccZUj4MPbDidEynEpNkgqvdw-V0G_0nL2-8YhSo2gYqZ3p31pxoDwLWE0p1WVxrRse8LJubVhP2frTDSew9oO0GlLacBZtSJFiFdqF7K1IygZHgRk9P_J_0n5UrdvFWyBaai5O4vRdQGp8Ny2ILI2Mz7gRGuQdPpt7cG7sXheQE9vUQY7FE6od0TwgqQv_4SjxjslTKWOlneUDu1-5uvHk4Uq7c8MHBVCo4-Y-61DEAqXphyL5xpXdXG00h1x4wc_fPlvA3hf2Mxaj2xklslnH55YNPJl9hJyxEiu4zIJ-Ul1nJNfaRBz6JyhwjajWFk7W044c3vU6pegMPVs-YJ-2mYQZnV7NiyCshVrELIWV1MnivJ1sAAK9l7qp_VN3mrcatJyECe8uikIfjJttVkL4WXpz5w2YXWP5CC_N7oyA=w1267-h950-no

zM3LTxZO3w6qCuGj3UbbkpFnH_WYy3_qIKtu4xTt7sJOeGEMGn4TjaHPETFk_ovqd8gmDh5ypR0bC5QsPLdwcAOJYz2-HTacdYkstVZB0CJSqX_jvgh-Vm0xTNmcTHbKuSPct8NG3LWah7qxeflCAgq8GKd-P7ot4ZCIiHfakd9micj4YYoyTyN8tc4sIlKwMz3_zMefX839ZKLipWp1eR1XEcZGWIrYX1SgTo4URuU29PSBmFa3wrYRtmkw5sSbgLtuKWuSAyVxst4O51osqghG-NcALaid3ITsgmhyrLbsAYWvsOvBPEaM-MTrY0VlMchk4oTTPpcA_pTuvs82XKX097ue_PP8d59_snx_FIq05SxasEX3t30VG6jTQAoGZz0RL7_-GwkMcs7hnUXIAYeipoBS9zF2lC3hF-KZ4XfWN9cU_gGcV2x6ERWqsbEpxmLCyEawce3mxu_16fw8Ttx1MyWxROqc2v3V6XY30l2ExTgOXn0lDvURrfGZvjLaMDbOw8qUcWI811E65C1OKULcBioYA8w9g3TWHaFUam2vh4aOcOZBPHVpyJMy-IAtRvLp-xkBsp6PTA2U5Xxf1r2JcEONbsJYhCtGZG7Ka2obLRcq0gbfXA=w1267-h950-no

I can't argue with that logic, but since I mounted the Voltage Sensing Relay on the inner fender, It's probably going to be there awhile. Maybe, I can position the positive terminal a little better and mitigate any possible shorts due to a collision.

It wasn't a conscious choice, but now that you bring it up, it does make sense to have the positive terminal inboard and the negative outboard - glad I got it right.

LC200EngineBay_09MAR17_zpsntyvezcq.jpg

Had a busy weekend. Remounted the roof rack (prior owner had flipped it upside down to mount a tent) right side up, mounted the traction mats using the Frontrunner tie down rings and ratchet straps since their mounting kit along with the Rotopax mounting kit and several others I want to order have been on backorder forever, replaced the corroded Warn fairlead with a Slee anodized one, mounted my ARB 50 quart fridge with the mounting kit combined with the tie downs Slee sells and ran the ARB wiring loom from the battery to the back drawers. I still have a few things to do before Moab in a couple weeks, but every weekend I'm getting closer :)

IMG_2082.JPG
IMG_2083.JPG

IMG_2089.JPG

Just curious, is this your first set?

Yes, they noted considerable wear since the last service and would need to be replaced between now and the next service, so with Breckenridge coming this summer I went ahead and did it. Rear brakes are still in the green. Also had the transmission serviced. Next time it'll get a throttle body cleaning and the diffs/transfer case serviced.

So I'm not quite sure this is a mod... But like @mcgaskins I'm getting ready for CM17 and had toyed with the idea of a sort of screen that with magnets could hook onto the tailgate so I could crash in the truck with the back open sans bugs. So here's what I came up with... Not the greatest shots as the truck is in garage but I'll get some in use, those are always better anyhow!
IMG_20170417_162256.jpg
IMG_20170417_211920.jpg
IMG_20170417_212002.jpg
IMG_20170417_212031.jpg
IMG_20170417_212657.jpg

So I'm not quite sure this is a mod... But like @mcgaskins I'm getting ready for CM17 and had toyed with the idea of a sort of screen that with magnets could hook onto the tailgate so I could crash in the truck with the back open sans bugs. So here's what I came up with... Not the greatest shots as the truck is in garage but I'll get some in use, those are always better anyhow!

I like that setup. I plan to sleep in the back of my LC on the drawers with a thin mattress, so this would take care of ventilation/condensation. I was planning on something similar for the windows and sunroof to keep the air flowing and keep the temps reasonable in the summertime. You'll have to try that setup out and let us know if it works!

View attachment 1443242 View attachment 1443241 View attachment 1443239 View attachment 1443238 View attachment 1443240

Did you make this? I like it.

Yes, they noted considerable wear since the last service and would need to be replaced between now and the next service, so with Breckenridge coming this summer I went ahead and did it. Rear brakes are still in the green. Also had the transmission serviced. Next time it'll get a throttle body cleaning and the diffs/transfer case serviced.

Thanks. I'm at 63k and I *think* still on the original pads. First owner appeared to have the vehicle serviced at the dealer for the first 2 years/48k miles, and the Toyota records don't show any brake jobs. When I had them inspected at ~60k miles my mechanic found about 50% pad left front and rear. I'm shocked at how long they've gone considering the number of Carfax I'd looked at before buying with brakes serviced at ~30k, plus all the towing and city driving I do.

Did you make this? I like it.
Yes sir! I wouldn't quite call it top notch craftsmanship, but I wanted to get something made to test prior to CM, if I like, maybe I'll have someone pro do it and actually cut patterns, etc... I went about this as I would building anything... Designed as I went, measured, cut... Design more... Repeat.

Took me one 25ft roll of no-see-um screen, and some bias tape for the edges. Couple things worked against me... Very few of the angles were square so I had a bunch of pleats and overlap to deal with. 2nd.... I haven't used a sewing machine in 20 yrs... Last was prob home economics ROFL. Easy though... Sort of like a jig-saw. Progress shots...
IMG_20170417_154440.jpg
IMG_20170417_160918.jpg

Last edited:
i like where this is headed - go for it!

Yes sir! I wouldn't quite call it top notch craftsmanship, but I wanted to get something made to test prior to CM, if I like, maybe I'll have someone pro do it and actually cut patterns, etc... I went about this as I would building anything... Designed as I went, measured, cut... Design more... Repeat.

Took me one 25ft roll of no-see-um screen, and some bias tape for the edges. Couple things worked against me... Very few of the angles were square so I had a bunch of pleats and overlap to deal with. 2nd.... I haven't used a sewing machine in 20 yrs... Last was prob home economics ROFL. Easy though... Sort of like a jig-saw. Progress shots...
View attachment 1443362 View attachment 1443363

Nice! I bought one of these for my 4Runner, pretty decent but not much airflow and not worth the cash. I need to try it with the 200. I'd prefer that mesh setup of yours though.

Amazon.com : Sportz SUV Blue/Tan Tent (9 x9 x 7.25-Feet) : Family Tents : Sports & Outdoors

I like that setup. I plan to sleep in the back of my LC on the drawers with a thin mattress, so this would take care of ventilation/condensation. I was planning on something similar for the windows and sunroof to keep the air flowing and keep the temps reasonable in the summertime. You'll have to try that setup out and let us know if it works!

I have these for the windows and sun roof.
https://theskeeterbeater.com

Nice! I bought one of these for my 4Runner, pretty decent but not much airflow and not worth the cash. I need to try it with the 200. I'd prefer that mesh setup of yours though.

Amazon.com : Sportz SUV Blue/Tan Tent (9 x9 x 7.25-Feet) : Family Tents : Sports & Outdoors

I bought one of those when I had my LR4. Seemed like a good idea at the time. But after one go around of setting it up in the driveway we gave up on it. (Its still sitting in our basement and like new if anyone wants it. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom