What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (27 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dissent no cut finally on the truck. Worth it!

Not sure on hardware. The discount related to them clearing out their KM2's for the KM3's that are coming in. I just went to www.4wheelparts.com and searched 285/75/16 and then selected the KM2's. Just checked again and they still show the $128.10. Other sizes that are cheap were the 265/70/17 for $63.96. They are moving them out quick and all are while supplies last.

This is available on 4wd hardware as well. For some reason both sites are still charging full price they will not show the discount
4wheelparts owns 4wd hardware and a lot of the brands they sell like smittybilt, pro comp, rubicon express etc.

It should then show the discount when checking out. At least that is what it did for me. I ended up with two orders because at first I did not think of the spare tire.

KM2 order.png

call them.
Was just on the phone with them and they said it was a pricing error with the discount applied twice. The price in the cart is the fixed price. Bummer 31 inch km2s for $63 each would be a screaming deal

Found a new place for the ham mic - those Nite Ize Steelies work real well.

Thought I'd finish the ham coax/antenna fix too.
Had to rip out the old coax since it was out of spec according to the antenna analyzer.
Put new coax in and when I put the new PL-259 on it, found out the reducer sleeve was too narrow. @#$%^%$##@

View attachment 1977686

Since I had to enlarge the diameter of the reducer sleeve for the Comet coax (3.5D QEFV for those who may run into this) and couldn't finish the job, I decided to create an antenna holder out of PVC instead (below). Fits perfectly in the dead spot right behind the second row seats (above).

Where did you route cable through to the outside of the rear hatch? About to drill the body above the rubber top hatch stop this weekend to route mine near the bracket, but putting holes in the body always makes me nervous.

Where did you route cable through to the outside of the rear hatch? About to drill the body above the rubber top hatch stop this weekend to route mine near the bracket, but putting holes in the body always makes me nervous.

@pili I routed the cable up the right side of the vehicle through the firewall and onto an NMO mount on the fender (see my post Cheap Ham Install).

I understand the concern about not wanting to drill holes. I thought about using the antenna mount next to the rear hatch (now used for a spring-loaded flag for some off-road situations). Ultimately I chose to go with a fender mount since a 1/2 wave antenna doesn't need much of a ground plane. If I had gone the rear hatch route I would have routed the cable internally to the space behind the rear pillar and drilled a hole- see @TheForger's DIY: CB Radio Install post.

fullsizerender-5-jpg.1184013

@pili I routed the cable up the right side of the vehicle through the firewall and onto an NMO mount on the fender (see my post Cheap Ham Install).

I understand the concern about not wanting to drill holes. I thought about using the antenna mount next to the rear hatch (now used for a spring-loaded flag for some off-road situations). Ultimately I chose to go with a fender mount since a 1/2 wave antenna doesn't need much of a ground plane. If I had gone the rear hatch route I would have routed the cable internally to the space behind the rear pillar and drilled a hole- see @TheForger's DIY: CB Radio Install post.

fullsizerender-5-jpg.1184013
Awesome, that makes sense. I have the grommets, wire, bracket, etc to commit to the hole in the rear, just haven't taken the leap yet!

@SmoothLC Is that the trail tailor rear antenna mount?

Awesome, that makes sense. I have the grommets, wire, bracket, etc to commit to the hole in the rear, just haven't taken the leap yet!

I tried it this way. The mount is a Trail Tailor mount, but that shouldn't matter. The grommet where the tailgate wires enter the body—I notched it on the inside to get the radio cable through, and sealed it afterwards. The cable lays right alongside the tailgate/hatch seal normally (I've pulled it out to show its path). The radio cable follows the harness and pops right out of the quarter panel by those relays to be run wherever to you mount your radio.

Last edited:
Installed new aftermarket Front Mud flaps. Now i just need my Metaltech sliders, shouldve ordered them early when they had stock. I have front OEM mud flaps for sale if someone is interested in them, gonna post to classifieds.

20190517_183801.jpg

20190517_180654.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom