What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (49 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Drove in the super incredibly rare snow flurry here in Austin! Also, crossed 170k. Bought the rig in March with 150k on the clock. Yeah, I pretty much love this dang vehicle.

197EDF6F-9B28-4833-8D16-410C3F1E0F85.jpeg

3C1A18F4-E3C3-4E4A-9970-985E1A08A263.jpeg

Drove in the super incredibly rare snow flurry here in Austin! Also, crossed 170k. Bought the rig in March with 150k on the clock. Yeah, I pretty much love this dang vehicle.

View attachment 1587934

View attachment 1587935
We got our first snow here in northern IL today as well. Probably under an inch but enough to make everything white. Downtown Chicago got some snow a few weeks back from what I understand.

Very surprised to see snow in Austin. Had no idea snow was even possible that far south. Heard Dallas gets occasional light snow but never hear of Austin.

Lol, true though....85 on Monday, 32 now...wacky weather here in Austin, if you don't like the weather wait til tomorrow.....
IMG_20171207_202109.jpg

Awesome, I only saw snow twice in west texas. Tomorrow out in Roanoke we're supposed to get an inch, but my wife (and I guess by extension I) have to work at a christmas craft show. Can't wait to rip up some low traction dirt roads.

We got our first snow here in northern IL today as well. Probably under an inch but enough to make everything white. Downtown Chicago got some snow a few weeks back from what I understand.

Very surprised to see snow in Austin. Had no idea snow was even possible that far south. Heard Dallas gets occasional light snow but never hear of Austin.

It snowed in Houston as well and as far south as Laredo. It is exceptionally rare for sure these days. Funny thing is, when I was a kid (in the 70's), it snowed every single year in Central TX.

Gave mine a new Denso radiator, coolant flush and ATF flush.
She’s a happy girl.

Dude those are grey, get your money back or get the right mats.

That is what I thought...called the dealer, and in 1999, they matched the mats to the interior trim, not the carpet...they don't make mats that light, and honestly, they would get too dirty too fast...

New battery 27F AGM from Batteries Plus. Supposedly it is a good battery with a 5 year full replacement warranty. I added a fridge so I needed to upgrade. They are having a $30 rebate now plus the 10% discount for ordering online and picking up in store. Probably about as good of a price as you are going to get. I also replaced the positive terminal.
IMG_3270.JPG

IMG_4045.JPG
IMG_4046.JPG
This what your truck looks like with 864 coils and no weight. Had to take off the bumper to re powder coat. What a pain in the ass. Hopeful it sticks this time.

It's 3M tape. Got a sheet of it on ebay. It's the same stuff people have used for their center trim strips here in the past, I just decided to try a different pattern instead of the same old same old.

Passenger upstream oxygen sensor. Lucked out with plenty of space to replace myself!

^ Denso off Amazon. Found part number on mud somewhere, don't have it handy currently.

IMG_2810.JPG
After 11 years of ownership, finally decided to build my 2007 100. Took it to Slee and added ARB bumper, Rigid Dual
Y LED fog lights and some Hella Black Magic lights. Put an extension on the Yakima Load Warrior rack I had bought for my FJ43 and now it fits the 100.

AHC still has never given me a problem, so thought I would hold off on replacing suspension until it does. Added satellite radio and a cable to run an iPod for tunes. Still have the Blizzaks on as it has been our ski truck, but plan to put on 275 65 18 KO2s for summer.

Excited to be able to wheel in an air conditioned truck with tunes!

Also replaced a plastic trim piece on the OEM roof rack. Almost had to admit defeat when changing out the rear wiper arm. Original one had corroded to mounting screw so badly, could not get it off. Hit it with penetrating oil for 2 days, but could not get it off until today. Hopefully the new arm will have a strong enough spring to hold wiper blade to the glass so that it works in the snow.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom