What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (76 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The beginning of the stump, or rather large branch that started to put small dents towards the rear as it reached a 90* angle with the truck
image-906973272.jpg

Nick, love the shovel. Is that used for a pry bar? ;)

Returned from a long road trip, then washed the exterior, cleaned the interior, and conditioned the leather seats.

. . . then proceeded to get her dirty all over again.

Installed Hertz audio all around and a Subwoofer) my '02 loved it and I had fun listening to the beats while mountain biking in the Canadian Rockies)

2000UZJ said:
I somehow managed to destroy both ends of the CV axle at windrock (replaced today). Tore my ARB fog light insert out, ripped off rear bumper and somehow lost the mud flap, slid into a stump on the driver side and dragged it the length of the rig, put my brand new exhaust system on a rock and crushed the muffler. Smashed up lower control arm mounts...I'm starting to think I need to buy Griffin's 40 :D

so that's my report...looking forward to the next trip :)

How many brews?

Drove it to Costco, put gas in it...

I (Finally) bought a 10mm hex head socket and replaced front diff fluid.

Almost broken in?

Almost there........1200 to go
District 5-20120815-00234.jpg

1998 - 105 GX 4500 Efi

My first post here...Going to be fitting a T61 turbo + air to air intercooler. Will be running at 0.5bar boost. I'm excited but not sure what gains l should expect. Will be testing with the standard injectors on the standard ECU for starters to see how rich/lean it performs on the dyno. I have read alot here and it seems possible to do as above. Will change what ever is necessary if required.
Any comments regarding this mod. will be welcome.

^Thats a heck of a first post, I think you will need to start your own thread on this mod...and its a 105?

I suppose it is...just an awesome vehicle but doesn't pull a off road trailer that well up hill. I don't enjoy reving the guts out of it in 3rd gear when l could be in 4th and hopefully going quicker. 165kw@4600 and 387nm@3600 are a bit on the small side for this weight vehicle. I don't want a drag car but 200kw and 500nm +- on the wheels would be awesome. Should be complete in the next 3 weeks!! Will post results.

AWESOME first post. Little advise. Wheel it some and determine what you want to do with it then plan out your mods to get you there. Don't get me wrong im all about a lift, tires, all the the good stuff....but unless you have a money tree in the back yard.....(which I dont) you might regret some mods if you just slap them on. Not to mention at Slee you will want EVERYTHING they have!!!

(hope i'm doing this right) Great advise, thanks! I need it. I've been doing a good bit of mild wheeling out the backdoor here to shake things loose. I know the mich ltx's are limiting a little and considered just doing tires, but I like the extra security that a small lift gives. I had a '98 taco w/ downey coilover and skyjacker leafs and had lots of fun so I want to be able to do the same w/ the LC. I've been planning stages and i'm ready to go. plus, aspen has four land cruisers on every corner. I need to be able to find mine in the crowd. :flipoff2:

Welcome! Try us, you'll like us. http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/
I'll play too.....

I'll certainly take a look. I have a couple of people here w/ 40's/60's that can lend some learning help but a mass trip somewhere would be fun. I could almost make the swap meet on the 25th after I leave Golden, I'll see if I can get the days off work.

Installed LED reverse bulbs, thanks to PFran and significantly improved visibility when going backward.

Also put some Philips HIR2 halogen low beam bulbs up front. So far am not overwhelmed with them, but as a quick, cheap upgrade and with my expectations set appropriately by folks here, they're not bad.

Fixed the (D), (CC) dash indicator bulb, replaced bulb in one heated seat switch and one rear side window switch bulb, replace light bulb in shifter console, cleaned the HVAC box and installed cabin air filters, and repainted the wheels.

The prior owner spillt coffee over the console many times, cleaned all switches. Also fixed and cleaned the rear cup holder behind console.

Did the DRL mod, fog light mod, aux plug mod.

Fixed torn pass door panel and recover speaker grills.

Painted the roof rack.

Replace missing or broken interior trim parts.

Preparing the fix for the torn metal on drivers rear door hinge.

Much more little things to do.

New mats.

image-3250993221.jpg

Reconditioned the leather with Griot's

image-4101680511.jpg

image-1397398737.jpg
image-3250993221.jpg
image-4101680511.jpg
image-1397398737.jpg

Used a clay bar on both sides, top and hood. Slick as ever.

jemsec said:
Used a clay bar on both sides, top and hood. Slick as ever.

What color is your lc?

Repositioned the PIAA lights, quick trip to West Marine for some smaller stainless nuts, bolts and washers and I was good to go. Waiting on the ballasts and working on the waterproof ballast box for the IPF's.
photo6-1.jpg

Tried to reindex my t-bars but failed due to a seized adjustment bolt on the passenger side

Replaced my 2 12" subs with a sole 12" sub

Disconnected factory woofers in the trunk and took out the 3rd row seat belts

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom