What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (51 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Built a platform behind the middle row seats. 2x8s and 3/4” plywood was pretty much the perfect height to match the middle row seats when they’re folded down. Now I just need to source a QUALITY sleeping mat/memory foam mattress.

Also found some bug nets for the middle doors. I bought them and they seem to fit well, but haven’t tested it camping.here’s the link: Amazon product ASIN B07HYXZYMN
And lastly, I finally replaced my oxygen sensor (row 1, bank 1). It not only cleared my P0420/P0430 codes, but also the ABS, VSC, and AHC codes… wasn’t expecting that, but glad to have it. After an 8-mile test drive, I do have codes pending P0420 and P0430. Not sure what to make of that. Didn’t want to fight my janky tech stream setup so I used my regular scanner for my VW TDI. These readings are all after the O2 sensed replacement.

View attachment 3083974

View attachment 3083975

View attachment 3083976

View attachment 3083977

View attachment 3083978
Interesting! Great work, my ABS and battery light sometimes stay on but I’m pretty sure that’s due to my cheap alternator…

Great thoughts and input on the UCA install - grease did help hold the washers in place. Overall, extremely easy install.

Busy couple of weeks.
Had a ps cv boot rip and spill its guts.
Notice ps lbj was rip too so...

After examing the cv's inner joint saw gouges on all six sides of the inner cage.
Bought new oem cv. Chickened out in installing the ps diff seal left it alone (I know, I know)

Installed 555 lbj.

Notice my ubj was loose and ripped. And since I have had torque steer and wonking handeling ever since my 2 " AHC lift i decided to installed spc uca to help correct caster.
Handles awesome now.

Also installed tie rod ends inner and outer, they were very sloppy.

Did the same for the driver side except just rebooted since all looked good to me. I did do the diff seal here.

Could not have done this myself without this community helping out.

20220719_131532.jpg

20220730_184232.jpg

As promised - front end alignment installing SPC UCAs, new lower control arm busings and LBJs. Man do I love these rigs.
7C73BEE4-DE8C-48D1-B33D-449197297BE3.jpeg

C5740F03-A190-4062-BB8C-38E440C1811E.jpeg

Rear shock bushings refresh. Top nuts, especially with the AHC are just a bundle of joy!
Well this time I chose to drill strategically placed holes in the floor to access from the top. Makes the job take total 30 minutes instead of hours!
Toyota should have made those holes but I am happy to improve upon their work ;)

20220811_101900.jpg

Rear shock bushings refresh. Top nuts, especially with the AHC are just a bundle of joy!
Well this time I chose to drill strategically placed holes in the floor to access from the top. Makes the job take total 30 minutes instead of hours!
Toyota should have made those holes but I am happy to improve upon their work ;)

View attachment 3084670
Can you show where?

Can you show where?
I stand on the shoulders of giants!

I have changed rear shocks at least 3 times before (on another truck) and never resorted to cutting a hole but now I wish I had!

View attachment 3084670

Good call. If my drawers weren't in the way I'd strongly consider that mod. Hopefully my 1/2" body lift will be of some help.

How did the truck feel after the bushing refresh? I have new bushings on my bench, just waiting on time to get it done.

How did the truck feel after the bushing refresh? I have new bushings on my bench, just waiting on time to get it done.
Still waiting for the local shop to press in the lower bushings :(

Ordered some DBA T2 rotors from summit racing for an upcoming bearing repack. Came in yesterday and to my dismay the turds sent me 120 Prado rotors… so now I have to deal with that return, should of just went OEM but the ex “tuner” in me got in the way.
The ex "tuner" issue is a real problem. We need a support group or something.

Me: Hi, my name is... and I am an ex-tuner... All: Welcome! Me: I needed to do some preventative maintenance on my vehicle and now it has an extra 400hp and brakes to stop a freight train. My lady is trying to run away and my kids are crying. I need help.

The ex "tuner" issue is a real problem. We need a support group or something.

Me: Hi, my name is... and I am an ex-tuner... All: Welcome! Me: I needed to do some preventative maintenance on my vehicle and now it has an extra 400hp and brakes to stop a freight train. My lady is trying to run away and my kids are crying. I need help.
Damn it, I am researching a brake upgrade on mine as soon as my wallet recovers from the recent debacle.
What upgraded brakes are popular here?

Damn it, I am researching a brake upgrade on mine as soon as my wallet recovers from the recent debacle.
What upgraded brakes are popular here?
I used Wilwood on everything I have ever upgraded. The only exception was OEM-equipped Brembo vehicles. I just stuck some Hawk or Akebono pads and when nuts. But sometimes I upgraded master cylinders and lines with DOT5 Motul fluids for heat and h2o. Oh, and pads are cheaper by the case after about 50% wear on the track they're trashed anyway. Anything carbon-ceramic for rotors is crazy expensive but you usually never replace them so may be worth the cost. I only ever damaged one ceramic rotor. About $4k at the dealer. You could have iron rotors cryo'd and save a buck or two. But I am an idiot when it comes to my cars so don't take my word for it. And bring your mortgage payment book. Brakes get pricey fast.

From stock 275/60/18 Michelin LTX with no lift to 275/70/18 BFG AT with sensor lift
952C8B08-25D1-4D97-884F-1029BA04A30E.jpeg
A93F12BA-554B-4FB7-AC24-50122FA30491.jpeg

1660431249239.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom