What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (28 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hired Manny from Tampa Cruisers to do the following - currently in progress. He has been an absolute pleasure to work with.

New CV Axles
New Radiator and hoses
Thermostat and housing
Front Bearings
Brakes - all
Rotors
Fuel filter
oil pan leak fix
Ball joints
Front sway bar bushings and rear
Flush and change all fluids
Alignment
Replace ebrake - has not worked in 2 years
Timing Belt and waterpump
Serpentine belt
Rear bearings and seals
Front hubs
Powersteering res and hoses
Fuel filter
Lower control arm bushings

Hired Manny from Tampa Cruisers to do the following - currently in progress. He has been an absolute pleasure to work with.

New CV Axles
New Radiator and hoses
Thermostat and housing
Front Bearings
Brakes - all
Rotors
Fuel filter
oil pan leak fix
Ball joints
Front sway bar bushings and rear
Flush and change all fluids
Alignment
Replace ebrake - has not worked in 2 years
Timing Belt and waterpump
Serpentine belt
Rear bearings and seals
Front hubs
Powersteering res and hoses
Fuel filter
Lower control arm bushings
Any idea what this will cost total?

Any idea what this will cost total?
one-milliondollars-dr-evil.gif

CV Boots on both sides apparently didn't like the Eibach Lift in front set at 21.25" even with the Slee Diff Drop, throwing grease. Seemed to be the clamps when inspecting, hope the recommended McMaster clamps do the job. I left them just finger and thumb tight with a ratchet screw driver, needed a little more tightening and I am scared to overtighten them. I will check through the week, but seems very much improved.

IMG_20220511_173319.jpg

CV Boots on both sides apparently didn't like the Eibach Lift in front set at 21.25" even with the Slee Diff Drop, throwing grease. Seemed to be the clamps when inspecting, hope the recommended McMaster clamps do the job. I left them just finger and thumb tight with a ratchet screw driver, needed a little more tightening and I am scared to overtighten them. I will check through the week, but seems very much improved.

View attachment 3006384
How long have you been running the lift and CV axles?

I have mine torqued to:
Small clamps - 14 in. lbs
Large clamps - 22 in. lbs
using an in. lb screw driver.
Leaks have stopped and no issues with the clamps or rubber of the boots.
Been on for years now.

I have mine torqued to:
Small clamps - 14 in. lbs
Large clamps - 22 in. lbs
using an in. lb screw driver.
Leaks have stopped and no issues with the clamps or rubber of the boots.
Been on for years now.
I have the clamps sitting in the rear drawers somewhere ready to go. Do I have to remove the CV or can they be changed while still installed into the diff?

I have the clamps sitting in the rear drawers somewhere ready to go. Do I have to remove the CV or can they be changed while still installed into the diff?
It can all be done with the CV’s on the truck. Just remove the wheel and you should be able to get at them. I had them sitting in my box for a year or two before I finally got around to installing them. It’s easier than it seems.

It can all be done with the CV’s on the truck. Just remove the wheel and you should be able to get at them. I had them sitting in my box for a year or two before I finally got around to installing them. It’s easier than it seems.
I didn't even have to remove the wheels 😁. You can get under and do it without taking it off, though you might have to move it back or forth a little to find the cv retention tabs to open. All in all it was a 15min job.

Last edited:
I didn't even have to remove the wheels 😁. You can get under and do it without taking it off, though you might have to move it back or forth a little to find the cv retention tabs to open. All in all it was a 15min job.
I'm sure if I try I can find it, but can you guys share what clamps you are using?

I'm sure if I try I can find it, but can you guys share what clamps you are using?
The first post in this link thread has it

Good looking rig! I always wondered what I should/could do with that opening in the back. :) Where is your AUX battery located?
THANKS! Aux battery is in the Slee auxiliary battery tray under the hood.

Today I replaced the speaker cloth… definitely not a fan of the color, I think I was way off when I ordered it. Luckily I found an easy way to get them out that doesn’t require taking the entire door card apart so I may paint or change it up later.

05BAE5A4-B82E-408A-8AB4-FA9254716C4F.jpeg

851D9FEC-0430-4705-8ADE-383FA411460F.jpeg

60950701-AE07-4B6A-8479-D0825601BB8B.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom