What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (115 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sections 9,8,7, 6 and 1/2 of 5 completed on MABDR

1F38313C-82CD-4D3C-B98A-1E9D67C28889.jpeg

F3707894-CF6F-4F9B-883C-77817C5338D4.jpeg

FCFC681D-5236-4347-85D3-63CE088B2340.jpeg

Very nice battery terminal. Can you share the source?
Check out Slee battery terminals if you don't want to fab your own. He sells military style terminals with custom extensions that allow provide additional mounting points for accessory wires.

Where did you source a refurb? I need to do this.
I looked around for the longest time mostly ignoring the Ebay listings. Finally succumbed and sorted out the listings that were "pre-owned" from refurbished. One had good feedback and gave me a $150 core credit for mine, so I took a chance. Still not cheap. $500 minus the $150 so I ended up with it at $350+$25 shipping (ouch!). That said, it was one of the best Ebay transactions I've had. He sent it same day as payment. Sent it in a box ready for my return and included a prepaid label. As soon as he received mine I got my refund. It was also the newest version of mine which is supposedly more reliable. The Ebay seller is oemautoaudio. Worked for me.

Finally narrowed down my “inaccurate” fuel gauge performance.

For about a month now I’ve been trying to reverse engineer the fuel gauge system. Already considered replacing the fuel sending unit found at the gas tank. The symptom is specific, when I start the motor, the fuel gauge reads empty (lower than then “E” mark on the fuel gauge). As I drive it it slowly goes up to its correct level. I tried unseating and reseating the FI relay, it worked for a few days but after a few days of not using the truck, when I start the motor again say after 3-4 days it goes back to the exact same symptom of “empty” reading even if it’s either full or half-full, etc but basically the reading is just plain inaccurate.

I used the truck for 20 miles yesterday, but prior using it, it sat in the garage for 3 days. When I started it yesterday, again, fuel gauge shows EMPTY, and by the time I got to my destination, it has creeped up slowly at the half tank mark (I’m at 155 miles area always when the tank is about half-full so I know that the tank volume).

Long story short, the closest component causing the symptom: the battery.

57849789-27DC-4D30-BBB3-E2798093B97A.jpeg

I hooked up a battery charger/conditioner to ensure correct optimal voltage and noticed that if battery is charged, the fuel gauge WILL immediately show correct reading when I turn the keys to accessories (not even starting the motor).

So I guess I need a battery replacement sooner than later.

Replaced my Cooper St Maxx with a set of Toyo Open Country M/T. Same size, 285/75/17 . The Coopers just never did cut it in the mud and now that I've spent beau coups bucks on lockers and gears, it's embarrassing being the fat truck who can't get up the hill. Ready for the muddy soupy mess that will be GSMTR tomorrow!

20201028_112629.jpg

20201028_123221.jpg

20201028_123232_HDR.jpg

Replaced my Cooper St Maxx with a set of Toyo Open Country M/T. Same size, 285/75/17 . The Coopers just never did cut it in the mud and now that I've spent beau coups bucks on lockers and gears, it's embarrassing being the fat truck who can't get up the hill. Ready for the muddy soupy mess that will be GSMTR tomorrow!

View attachment 2479858
View attachment 2479859
View attachment 2479860
Very nice! Let us know of how they do at highway speeds. Mud Terrains are pretty much a no go for us northerners since they aren't really suitable for wintery conditions.

Very nice! Let us know of how they do at highway speeds. Mud Terrains are pretty much a no go for us northerners since they aren't really suitable for wintery conditions.

I've only got about a dozen miles on them for the day, but they did feel a little bit twitchier on the highway. Got her up to Mexico speeds and as far as ride quality goes, they're no different than my Coopers were. There's a little bit of noticeable weight gain; I've lost a little bit of the punch I'd gotten back with 4.88s. Maybe a little more hum than the Coopers, but not significant yet. My speedometer is slightly more accurate, but I've got a brand new yellowbox on my work bench waiting for install and programming.

I'm really excited to try them out this weekend. Unfortunately, I bought the only 4 in GA so my 5th one will be installed when I get home from GSMTR. Will just keep my old Cooper there as a spare in case.

Ahh yes, fresh M/T's on some trail rashed Rock Warriors. Jealous! View attachment 2479885

Sometimes, when my truck is freshly detailed, I have to point to the wheels so people will know she gets down. I may have the ugliest set of RW I've personally ever seen :oops:

Sometimes, when my truck is freshly detailed, I have to point to the wheels so people will know she gets down. I may have the ugliest set of RW I've personally ever seen :oops:

Wheels are an important traction device.

My lug nuts have climbed up many a rock when the tires won't bite.

Wheels are an important traction device.

My lug nuts have climbed up many a rock when the tires won't bite.

Went wheeling with a few guys I haven't been with before over the last weekend. One of these guys, in spotting me, was really anxious about me making contact with a rock face.

"Is it the wheel/tire, or the body that's close?"
"It's the wheel."
"Dude have you seen my wheels?"
"Good point. Up and over you go!"

Grateful for my beauty ugly rings.

I've only got about a dozen miles on them for the day, but they did feel a little bit twitchier on the highway. Got her up to Mexico speeds and as far as ride quality goes, they're no different than my Coopers were. There's a little bit of noticeable weight gain; I've lost a little bit of the punch I'd gotten back with 4.88s. Maybe a little more hum than the Coopers, but not significant yet. My speedometer is slightly more accurate, but I've got a brand new yellowbox on my work bench waiting for install and programming.

I'm really excited to try them out this weekend. Unfortunately, I bought the only 4 in GA so my 5th one will be installed when I get home from GSMTR. Will just keep my old Cooper there as a spare in case.
Make sure you block out a solid fifteen minutes for the Yellow box, although you probably won't need all of it.

I had a big weekend last week. Dobinsons drawers in, Test fit rear Scheel Manns before making brackets, installed a Rig'd tultraswing, did a complete audio install Alpine 650, 2X MB Quart amps, 8" Hifonics sub, 4x 5.25 door speakers, ordered a front runner slimline 2, and this weekend will get Metaltech 4x4 rear trailing arms installed.

IMG_5832.JPG
IMG_5980.JPG
IMG_5974.jpg
IMG_5970 2.jpg
IMG_5968 2.JPG

damm looks nice but those seats are $$$$$

I had a big weekend last week. Dobinsons drawers in, Test fit rear Scheel Manns before making brackets, installed a Rig'd tultraswing, did a complete audio install Alpine 650, 2X MB Quart amps, 8" Hifonics sub, 4x 5.25 door speakers, ordered a front runner slimline 2, and this weekend will get Metaltech 4x4 rear trailing arms installed.

View attachment 2480403View attachment 2480404View attachment 2480405View attachment 2480406View attachment 2480407
which version seat is that man looks perfect

Took a week off to go backpacking and camping. Did the easy part of the Rubicon trail from Tahoma, and then spent a couple nights in Lassen Volcanic National Park. Hit up some side trails on the drive back down to SoCal. Needless to say, this rig is a beast.

Can you guys guess what the most expensive part of this trip was? 😂

DF03368C-6059-4A8C-80AF-A56EFB64B740.jpeg

FF64A487-E625-4350-8788-EA7DB0B822D0.jpeg

5DE7D4D4-FAED-423C-ABDA-3B5C9BF3B457.jpeg

08D512CF-D3E3-45E8-A5EB-C6478EEB592D.jpeg

2ACBC501-BA2D-4135-8603-854938A75E1D.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom