What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (63 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I got tired of being terrified to drive in the dark and installed some $40 Superbrightleds.com 9006s in the Low Beam slots!
Not the best I have tried but amazing for the price and a huge improvement in the night driving experience for sure.

Also I did need the Resistors for these but didn't know of course until I tried without them and was a no-go.
Luckily Superbright is Local to me so it was only another trek to get the Resistors and I was in business that night.

I also stuck some Philips Ultras in the High Beams and they are really great but a whole different color light than the lows too.
I will likely end up switching one of these so that they match better but for now at least I can drive at night!

Mind posting a night pic so we can see what the color is like?

Last edited:
Did a bit of camping and wheeling to include with mud member gottahave (great guy!) and a few other random ppl we met during those days. Always great to get out in the woods! Found my stock bumpers and hitch get hung up on obstacles to include VW Jettas. Removed the hitch for now. Sanded, slight bit of filling, and painted the bumper with truck bed liner. Doesn’t match anything and I’m totally fine with it. Actually looks great in person if I do say so.

CA93BEDD-D28B-4585-A291-289EBFE2B1CB.jpeg

2D53D596-AAD5-4AC5-92FF-D810E65C4E50.jpeg

2A8D0BED-23D3-4B08-842E-5440B1181F1C.jpeg

Where did you find this? Id like to buy one.

Try Larry at DirtyParts.com they are a LA based off road shop. I believe they have it stock, it’s called the TJM sump guard.

Just wrapped up driver/passenger side Valve Cover Gaskets. Can safely say i'd not like to do that again anytime soon, passenger side was a PITA.

A few observations (replaced at 230K - Looked OEM)

1) All the valve cover bolts were almost hand tight
2) I would rather do any BMW valve cover gasket over a LC

Did a bit of camping and wheeling to include with mud member gottahave (great guy!) and a few other random ppl we met during those days. Always great to get out in the woods! Found my stock bumpers and hitch get hung up on obstacles to include VW Jettas. Removed the hitch for now. Sanded, slight bit of filling, and painted the bumper with truck bed liner. Doesn’t match anything and I’m totally fine with it. Actually looks great in person if I do say so.

View attachment 2112276

View attachment 2112277

View attachment 2112288
Which bed liner product did you use to coat your bumper? Until I can afford a rear bumper I’m considering painting my OEM plastic bumper- your front looks sweet!

Which bed liner product did you use to coat your bumper? Until I can afford a rear bumper I’m considering painting my OEM plastic bumper- your front looks sweet!
Thanks! I just used Herculiner. It’s cheap, you can buy it everywhere, and the coverage is great. It’s texture is about that of 80-120 grit sandpaper. It does fade with UV light though. I wanted to go with Raptor liner but it’s $30-40 per can and I hear a single can won’t even do a full bumper. This is cheap enough I’ll spray it again in a year or two if I still have this bumper around but I probably won’t. Also Raptor liner is 2 part so if you use only a little bit of the can the whole can will cure and needs to be used or thrown away. This was just a quick morning project so I didn’t feel like spending $150 and breaking out my air compressor. Good enough to get torn up again should another car get between me and my gas pump again.

View attachment 2112276

View attachment 2112277

View attachment 2112288
what did you use as a filler on the bumper?

hand waxed the beast. Clear coat is peeling on the hood and faded in few other sections. Have to protect the paint until I have to paint her

future debate will be fun parts vs paint job :doh:

48937030196_ee1c09f246_c.jpg

48936484538_dca525abcd_c.jpg

Definitely!! Much better listening experience now.

Makes a huge difference and love the clarity and soundstage...

I did the re-foam trick. $22 for a pair versus >$100 for something not as nice.

What did you replace them with. I know mine are in the same condition.

what did you use as a filler on the bumper?
[/QUOTE]
Firstly I don’t know what I’m doing I just do it. I think it’s called 3M bumper repair. It’s just a very small double syringe of slightly rubbery epoxy like material. It comes with a very small rubber spatula/spreader thing. They say it dries in 15 minutes but not in the south. Works really well and is fast and easy. I guess it’s supposed to be flexible enough to not crack on a bumper but I found because it’s rubbery (is that a word?) it worked best to hand sand.

735F2BAD-751D-4359-B78A-F92DFEBA65F4.jpeg

after sixteen years of ownership and wrenching with downloaded fsm materials on the ‘99, I finally acquired my first fsm set. My wife looked on in bewilderment as I opened the package in a manner befitting a fine piece of art. Hmm, how long will the set remain in pristine condition? A couple days maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom