What do you do to prevent your FJ40 and it's contents from getting stolen? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Petcock! cut your fuel line and install a petcock. The same thing a motorcycle uses to turn off the gas. It may get stolen but they will abandon it a block away when it runs out of gas. That will keep the rig safe.
All accesories should be bolted in and have really ugly, very obviose welds on the bolts and nuts. Seeing the weld will convince a theif that its more trouble than its worth.
The "CLUB" is a joke. It may take 30 minutes to hacksaw through the club, but I can cut your steering wheel in 30 seconds.
It also sounds stupid but an NRA sticker is a good deterent. It lets the theif know you have a gun and know how to use it. I am not willing to get shot over a CD player i can only pawn for $20 or $30.

the fuel line shutoff or "petcock" is really your best move because it makes your rig an easy target. They dont have to tear your s*** apart in a dark garage to get it. By the time it runs out of gas they are in the street lights. Who wants to work on a car you just stole, a theif will bail and cut his losses.
My petcock is under the drivers door on the frame rail. If anyone in this forum wants it bad enough there is the trick, you must need it worse than me.
When it comes to accesories, radio, cb, speakers, The bigger and uglier the weld on the bolts, the better, make it known that to get it out of the truck they will have to break it,,,and then what good is it to them?

I'll chime in.

Again, no radio (to loud).
Leave nothing of value in it (look like an a$$ when I carry my golfclubs around stores :flipoff2: )
The club, the club, the club.

Never wash it. Just hose it down with diesel fuel once in a while.(this prevents rust too)
Never throw any trash away. Leave the cabin full of coffee cups, beer bottles and burger wrappers. (the thief will think you are a crazy slob and the rig a POS)
It helps to have paint and bondo chipping off all over the place too.
Generally just make you rig look like a hazardous waste dump. Maybe a quarantine sticker also.

Here is a silly one for you... not steel proof by any means, but it seems to work a little too well....

Install a shift knob with an alternate shift pattern, then always nose the vehicle in so it needs to be reversed out. Example - the shift pattern on my VW has reverse next to first gear, full left and up. I installed a typical double H pattern knob which shows reverse full right and down. Several folks, including 2 VW driving friends, could NOT find reverse gear when I let them drive it. The continually attempted to place the shift lever right and down... sorry, nothing there. These are folks that shift their VW's into to reverse left and up every day, they know where reverse is on a VW... yet seeing the pattern on the knob prevented them from doing it. Though hardly a scientific experiment, it does show that folks are just a little too logical at times.

The left and down pattern on a cruiser is perfect game for this little experiment. The dash plaque would obviously need to be covered, too.

well you are a helpless female.........so that might just work ;)

nuclearlemon said:
"i was afraid for my life"

ditto. me 2. that's what I did. My brother in law's freind's neighbor knew someone that I think owned one of those Jap Jeeps.... The end of it alreadly! :confused: :flipoff2:

I leave mine in a locked garage, on jack stands with everything including the front knuckles missing. Well its been that way for 4 months now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom