What did you do with your Tundra or Sequoia this weekend? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Turned 200k
CB2F41F0-384E-48E2-8EBD-8D94868BE69A.jpeg

Probably need to detail the interior to celebrate.

I bought an 06 tundra crew cab a month ago. Just been doing some maintenance on it and driving it. So far I have replaced the timing belt and water pump. Replaced the valve cover gaskets, replaced spark plugs, brakes all the way around, carrier bearing. New sterio and jbl speakers. Truck drives great. I have an Intermittent vibration in the front end, I can't pin point yet. Possibly wheel bearing. Got a lift kit on order. Love the truck. Enjoying wrenching on it. I'll get some pics up.

I bought an 06 tundra crew cab a month ago. Just been doing some maintenance on it and driving it. So far I have replaced the timing belt and water pump. Replaced the valve cover gaskets, replaced spark plugs, brakes all the way around, carrier bearing. New sterio and jbl speakers. Truck drives great. I have an Intermittent vibration in the front end, I can't pin point yet. Possibly wheel bearing. Got a lift kit on order. Love the truck. Enjoying wrenching on it. I'll get some pics up.
You might as well get it over with and start up a thread on it!:flipoff2:

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I also needed to replace my front blower motor this winter when it was -15F at 107K. HVAC filer was clean. It had a bad bearing and was screeching / vibrating. Very easy to replace under the passenger side dash, like a GM.

What does that go to?
The 4-Hi/Lo Actuators that are a common failure point for these rigs - and according to my research, Landcruisers and 4-Runners suffer as well.
I tried finding relevant information months ago and never found it. I documented my struggles and troubleshooting to help anyone else and uploaded to YouTube:

Replaced front wheel bearings due to front end vibrations. Did the old " while I am in there lift kit". Went cheap with this lift since this will be my son's to and from school truck in a few months. Vibration is much improved. Rides much better. Still need to replace rotors, drums pads etc... and possibly have a caliper sticking. Paid toyota for a brake job a few months ago because I was crunched for time. Should have done it myself. Replaced the valve cover gaskets and spark plugs too. Also replaced the steering rack bushings and sway bar links. I suck at taking pictures while I work.

20220405_161342.jpg

20220408_132543.jpg

20220408_132523.jpg

Replaced front wheel bearings due to front end vibrations. Did the old " while I am in there lift kit". Went cheap with this lift since this will be my son's to and from school truck in a few months. Vibration is much improved. Rides much better. Still need to replace rotors, drums pads etc... and possibly have a caliper sticking. Paid toyota for a brake job a few months ago because I was crunched for time. Should have done it myself. Replaced the valve cover gaskets and spark plugs too. Also replaced the steering rack bushings and sway bar links. I suck at taking pictures while I work.

View attachment 2975264

View attachment 2975265

View attachment 2975266
Did you take it to a shop to press out/in or do you have a good way of doing that at home

Took the knuckles to the local toyota dealer. They tried ripping me off multiple times. Buy your own parts and take the knuckles to a drive train shop.
Did you take it to a shop to press out/in or do you have a good way of doing that at h

First oil change at 5,590 miles. Didn't take pics but first work I've done to the "Bus" as I call her

Finished installing the new Solo Motorsports LCAs. They’re pushed forward 1” for better firewall clearance and added caster. While I was there decided to finish cleaning up the firewall and modify it a tad more, fixed the position on my fox remote reservoirs and replacing both tie rod boots (since I found both torn). Also decided to get some travel measurements with everything back together. Hard to get exact number since I maxed my Jack out on upward travel but we’re easily looking at 9-10” of travel with a good UCA and extended strut assembly.

E1197284-7D55-4C3E-8F4D-94B51126B411.jpeg

C1025993-136E-45A5-B7AD-72F24443C851.jpeg

D12CFAA5-1736-4F97-840F-8A642498E528.jpeg

3D7BA3BD-FD7C-4B9D-8A0B-11F499AE0ACA.jpeg

0A48AD08-8944-4329-A16F-66F005547C4F.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom