What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (83 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Haven’t done much with the 80 in a while. However I did receive a care package fron Witsend....
50999772-3AD2-4E6C-B6DA-7AA16006C317.jpeg

Bled the brakes.

Installed my sub/amp combo in factory sub location.

Removed factory sound deadener with dry ice. Just smashed it up and spread it around and then lifted our the factory deadener on huge chunks by hand. It worked like a champ. Then in stalled noico sound deadener with a layer of their sound proofing foam on top. Still need to do the front two rows. Got free labor out of my nephew.

View attachment 1790720

View attachment 1790721

View attachment 1790722

View attachment 1790723
Does new sound attenuation really work?

DSCN7580_Moment(2).jpg
DSCN7578_Moment(2).jpg
DSCN7577_Moment(2).jpg
Mounted the new maggiolina and then went to test it out as far as if it would effect the trucks suspension and it was a good excuse to go wheeling those are large granite shelfs of rock and they are soaked top is mud and entire trail is mud but she makes it every time 80 series are an addiction like a mofo
DJI_0037_Moment(4).jpg
DJI_0035_Moment(2).jpg

What size were the old, and the new?

The old were 31x10.50x15

The new are 285/75x16. They aren’t really new. Just newish. Took them off my 93. Put new 285/70x17 on my 93.

Haven’t done much with the 80 in a while. However I did receive a care package fron Witsend....
View attachment 1791008
Is it bad when you feel bad for Joey when you dont have a package inbound? I apparently need new nuts on my front diff so waiting for AWE to post them

It seems like there ought to be a particular thingie that attaches that one thingie to another thingie...
DD1A2136-BA39-4DCC-A6BA-0EC04DD1EAE9.jpeg

How does it sound? Does the factory panel still work. I am very interested and i will be grateful for any info. Saw it on Amazon.

I bought the bracket to mount the Cerwin Vega from another member locally who makes them. As for the sound I’ve got the polk speakers that fit behind the factory grills and a Sony deck with Apple play. I think it sounds great. Nothing huge but a well rounded overall sound. Full bass but you won’t hear me a street away.

Usual 5k oil and filter change. Preventative charcoal canister replacement.
View attachment 1790687

Mounted my air tank finally in expectation of finally finishing the base-lining and getting out on trails.
View attachment 1790690

These should help with the trails too. Going to be a big week for the Cruiser.
View attachment 1790689
View attachment 1790688

Nice rims. Bead locks?

For the CC, I didn't see a real improvement until I replaced the lines. Gas cap hissing gone and she fires up a lot faster. Mine looked a lot worse than yours though.

Is that a power tank regulator and handle on your tank? If so where did you source it from?

@LouisianaRubicon Yes it is. I didn't get the tank from Power Tank because in my area they don't fill the tanks, you just swap them out for full ones. I got mine at Airgas for ~$80 for the 10lb tank. Easily filled up all four 33" tires from 18psi to 38psi 10+ times and several other odd tires over the summer.

@davidp14 Thank you ... yes, real beadlocks, not just the simulated ones. I looked for months and finally found ones I liked that didin't break the bank.

Last edited:
Sitting at a construction one way. ****er “forgot to put his brake on” and rolled back in to me. I had left room to get out but couldn’t make it so I sat and watched it happen. ****ing idiot!

49BFD407-5D98-4FF2-9572-7EB2545E2AC6.jpeg

Replaced all 4 u joints trying to fix my grrrr. Didn’t fix s***, but at 264k they needed replacing. I am thinking its my wheel bearings. With or without my front ds, i still get grrr’s, its just less pronounced.

At high speed on the highway (65~) in sweeping turns i get a vibration on either side. I checked by jacking up the truck, no play top to bottom or front to back, spin a wheel and it feels smooth, lock to lock is smooth. It almost feels like a motor mount but its only at high speeds, not rpm and my mounts look good.

Im lost. Whent weeling anyway, hit widowmaker at sycamore and had a hell of a time getting up, slick as snot! I was not alone as a bunch of other locked up jeeps struggled except one showoff with a 4cyl unlocked but at 10psi on tire just crawled up, but not the hardest chute. Finally made it up with 20 psi in the tires.

Sitting at a construction one way. ****er “forgot to put his brake on” and rolled back in to me. I had left room to get out but couldn’t make it so I sat and watched it happen. ****ing idiot!

View attachment 1791492

That sucks!

Now....turn it into a positive!

He dinged the:
bumper
hood
core support
grille
cowl
both front fenders.

That's good for at LEAST $3000. Throw some extra parts on it, slobber on some monstaliner, and buy some armor for the front!

You'll be money ahead in the long run!

@slow95z start looking for parts for a 93........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom