What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (30 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Its a bracket from a fj62 that goes in that same spot. Theres another plastic bracket that mounts to this one that the speaker is supposed to actually mount to. I didnt get that bracket and it was a lot of extra work to get the speaker to mount to this metal bracket. I just picked this one up used out of a fj62, if you want to add cargo speakers and make life as easy as humanly possible, get the entire assembly from the 62. This metal bracket, the plastic frame that mounts to this, and the speaker grille. I had to make the little S bracket that connects the bottom. It was pretty easy, you just drill a hole in the body right there and use a button bolt or something to attach it
I might try to get my hands on one and make reproductions. Seems like a great way to mount a speaker. It fits in 60s meaning it applies to the entire 6x range I would assume. I need to check if Toyota still makes it first though. I doubt it, but it's worth checking.

I might try to get my hands on one and make reproductions. Seems like a great way to mount a speaker. It fits in 60s meaning it applies to the entire 6x range I would assume. I need to check if Toyota still makes it first though. I doubt it, but it's worth checking.
Dude if you were to make some, and make the brackets actually fit the back of a modern 6.5 inch speaker instead of having to hack up the adapter that comes with the speakers i would be first on the list to order on day 1. Please keep me updated!

What roof bars are those? Looks great.
Thanks! They are a one-off that Pat (@dogfishlake ) at Bowfin made as a prototype. He said he may end up eventually making them, but I know he is already pretty swamped just keeping up with demand for product.

Thanks! They are a one-off that Pat (@dogfishlake ) at Bowfin made as a prototype. He said he may end up eventually making them, but I know he is already pretty swamped just keeping up with demand for product.
Do you have any more detailed pics of it? I am about to ditch my wilderness rack in favor of something a bitter lower profile.

Led a group of 17 rigs up to Kavanaugh Ridge in the Eastern Sierra on Saturday. Camped out from Wednesday-Sunday. Kavanaugh is rather tame…but wonderful views. On Friday we took 8 rigs up Mt. Patterson out of Bridgeport, Ca. A bit more technical. Camping was super with a bunch of great folks.

A8825BA3-6EBD-4158-8861-EE3ED24B87C6.jpeg

8E4F089A-F8C1-4771-A6D7-FCC5B6BC91BA.png

3EB2C1AA-D771-4495-B1B8-ABCD573F029E.png

C1E39FEC-6F8C-4CFC-8F39-E68B236FC475.png

16A2F45F-39FC-4DED-93CA-B0EA1123D5E0.png

Last edited:
Dude if you were to make some, and make the brackets actually fit the back of a modern 6.5 inch speaker instead of having to hack up the adapter that comes with the speakers i would be first on the list to order on day 1. Please keep me updated!
I would need to figure out how that would interface with the panels, whether stock or the aftermarket ones I make. If I see a 62 being parted out, I'll grab one of those. More to come.

I would need to figure out how that would interface with the panels, whether stock or the aftermarket ones I make. If I see a 62 being parted out, I'll grab one of those. More to come.
If you are on Facebook, Brooke Carr should have a few sets available. Igot them from him. There are 3 welded in nuts to the bracket. The two on the top just bolt into the truck, the bottom one needs a little S bracket on one side and a flat bracket on the other side.

- final assembly on many many puzzle pieces here :idea:

- FJ60 Accelerator Linkage Kits Professionally Re-Gold-Yellow -Zinc-Plated by the " Chosen One" @GatorPlater studios in Winter-Park Florida :popcorn:

download (7)1 - Copy - Copy.jpg

WHEN DETAILS MATTER , THEY MATTER MORE ............

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom