What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Replace a broken/missing drivers side name plate.
Got one in from cruiser outfitters today and installed it.
Now to order a front knuckle rebuild kit and get that out of the way. Prep for SAS#6 along with swapping the leaking tranny/transfer case, rear main seal, and clutch since I am dropping the trans.

2F245B88-8267-4043-8FDB-54D9AB1E8A5A.jpeg

1EA88E43-E215-4A5E-BC15-8D98C8C6D67F.jpeg

Replace a broken/missing drivers side name plate.
Got one in from cruiser outfitters today and installed it.
Now to order a front knuckle rebuild kit and get that out of the way. Prep for SAS#6 along with swapping the leaking tranny/transfer case, rear main seal, and clutch since I am dropping the trans.

View attachment 2978496

View attachment 2978497

kurt and the crew have very very good customer service , it's a benchmark bar i look up to ,,,,,,,,,,

well packed shipping , i hate packing peanuts , they put a note in my acct' NO PACKING PEANUTS !

who will do that for me ?

NOBODY !

except them , no joke here !

:)

Untitled9 (1).png

@cruiseroutfit

i hate packing peanuts
And when Kurt uses packing peanuts, they are the water soluble variety, so the best of both worlds.
Just another example of the great service Cruiser Outfitters provides.

Last edited:
Finally got it out of winter hibernation and took it for a ride, running 5 psi with the turbo and seems about right. Def more power but feels safe, not pinging, running a bit rich if anything.

Also installed a Tuffy console. Waited quite awhile for it was out of stock everywhere but it was worth it. Very nice sturdy console and the lock is legit. Looks good with the BMW seats too.

IMG_20220411_202622.jpg
IMG_20220411_202555.jpg
IMG_20220411_202210.jpg
IMG_20220411_202223.jpg

And when Kurt uses packing peanuts, they are the water soluble variety, so the best of both worlds.
Just another example of the great service Cruiser Outfitters provides.

how exactly did you find out the SKUNK-WORKS kurt uses on eco-peanuts 🤔

that's deep .......

- this is a MUST watch T-TEN Technical Education SKUNK Works Exclusive as i go over SOME or most the confusion and try to bring some level headed clarity to

the TABLE here :

All the OEM OIL FILTER OPTIONs 101 class is in session ........

Finally got it out of winter hibernation and took it for a ride, running 5 psi with the turbo and seems about right. Def more power but feels safe, not pinging, running a bit rich if anything.

Also installed a Tuffy console. Waited quite awhile for it was out of stock everywhere but it was worth it. Very nice sturdy console and the lock is legit. Looks good with the BMW seats too.

View attachment 2978644View attachment 2978645View attachment 2978646View attachment 2978647
I put the BMW Series 4 in mine but they're manual. second best mod after the H55f.

Added new head pipes and cats to the 3FE and charged the AC.

It’s gonna be a few thousand miles to 300,000 miles but it’s looking promising.

H55F swap starts next week.

D54B421B-8091-4A92-A8FF-017AF0C525B0.jpeg

E5FC6BA7-F766-4517-9B43-1C10E229860B.jpeg

Worked all day with @raymond2335. Big thanks to him for showing me the way on knuckle rebuild. Replaced the rotors while we were in there too. Talk about a greasy mess. We ran out of time for some other odds and ends that I’ve been wanting to get to, but we got a big daunting task out of the way. One step closer to having the 60 baselined.

Tomorrow I hope to get my worn out and sagging driver door hinges swapped out from my donor truck. Can’t wait to not have to lift the door to get it to latch.

But the big accomplishment of the day was replacing the burnt out bulb behind the heater/AC bezel. Sometimes it’s the little things… 😂

I finally handled some rear brake issues. Did what I don't usually do and had a shop do some work on my cruiser recently. Things were stacking up and didn't want to be the guy who neglects his truck. Suffice it to say I'm not used to the current shop rates. Got it back and as I am driving away from picking her up I noticed a now pulsing brake pedal. Normally I would have done an about face and brought it right back for something like this but was pressed for time that day and had to get to an appointment so couldn't deal with it then. It had taken so long to get the truck back in the first place, the thought of returning it was not appealing. I spent the rest of that day apologizing to my Cruiser for what I had done. Emailed the shop asking about it but never heard a word back. Should have pursued this more with them but sometimes its just easier to do things yourself and skip the hassle that typically comes with dealing with others. The specialty shops around here are booked for weeks and really have too much work to do to begin with. Just chalked this all up to that situation. So down the road of cleaning up after folks I go.

Finally got some time this weekend to get the drums pulled off and checked for roundness. Spoiler alert: they were out of round. Turns out even new drums are not perfect. Got them turned and put back on and now pulsing pedal is gone. Not sure why this wouldn't have been checked before releasing it to me. Simple test drive would have easily revealed this. But it appears it was overlooked. Luckily I saw no evidence the replaced seal was still leaking and the damage to the new shoes seems minimal so at least something got done. Thanks to help from this forum, the problem has been solved:

IMG_7156.jpg
IMG_7157.jpg

Moved from Arizona to Wisconsin last august, and had it shipped back. It went into storage in august and I couldn’t get it to my house before they salted the roads for the winter, so it’s been sitting for approx 8 months in storage. I recently got it to my new house and have spent several hours just cleaning and buffing it. Really glad to have it back and to be tinkering on it again.

EA2DBF61-2BD7-448B-8274-A7A243DF1767.jpeg

DC895C9E-0E01-45E2-AB7F-392707E5708D.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom