What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (28 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Today I installed a Jim C rebuilt carb. Couple of things going on after this job:

- (Edit 24 hours Later) holy smokes I have a new truck! Best $400 I’ve spent on the 60 hands down. I think the previous carb was 3 years old and I wasn’t sure if a rebuild was needed. I was actually able to spin the rears on a right hand turn from a stop.

- The PO grounded the old carb ICS for a reason...the truck wouldnt idle with the new carb installed and proper ICS wiring. So I popped on a spare emissions computer and she idled fine. Thanks to old mud thread reading for this solve.

- Glad I have a stubby 12mm for the carb nuts.

- I was running wayyyyyy too rich with the old carb. Like immediate exhaust smell told me so. Oops

- I lost 2 inches of mercury at idle with the new carb. so down to 18 from 20 previous. Newer carb insulator as of 2 years ago and re snuggedthe carb nuts. Will need to spray around the carb to locate a vacuum Leak.

View attachment 2145579

View attachment 2145580
I keep hearing about these Jim C carb rebuilds, and the success stories, so now I'm interested. The factory Aisin in my little 22R 4WD Pickup could go for a rebuild, but does he only work with 2F Aisins?

Christmas tree hunting Daniels summit
396189A7-B940-4C5D-8E38-47E4463DD2B6.jpeg

Got new shoes....KO2s. Also replaced the steering drag link and man what an improvement in steering. Seems like that was the final thing that needed to be done to get this thing handling like I wanted it to and not drift around.
FJ60KO2.JPG

FJ60dradlink.JPG

I swapped back to my city racer desmogged carb.

The used Aisan that was on the truck for troubleshooting was leaking from the accelerator pump. Fuel smell was bad and bog was worse.

Holley sniper coming in a few months. I really need the help making it predicable to start and to have altitude compensation.

DFA9516C-3B12-4C4C-9049-DB9F901B025B.jpeg

Started with a pre Thanksgiving tire rotation including the spare. How many actually rotate their spare?
View attachment 2147266

Will you be trailering a forklift around in the event you have a flat on the road and need to change it out? :lol:

Will you be trailering a forklift around in the event you have a flat on the road and need to change it out? :lol:
Why not use it if ya got it... thanks for your $.02

Last edited:
Put a rear sway bar on my 60. Unfortunately I won’t get to drive it till spring. By then I’ll forget I put it on and wonder why it drives so much better🤪🤪🤪

View attachment 2146164

View attachment 2146165
very interested to hear how that helps. I am fairly stock and have a much better driver after refreshing the suspension, new tie rods, new tires, new front sway bar links and refreshing my front seat cushions :) but I am always looking for a little upgrade to make it better. Still have some sway.

Passed CA smog! Last major gate to getting her on the road :)

Hooked up an old tow strap and pulled out a bunch of juniper trees. I have many, many more to remove so I’ll be doing this for a while. No problem at all in 4wd low using a Trail Taylor rear bumper and a Smittybuilt receiver insert.

Hooked up an old tow strap and pulled out a bunch of juniper trees. I have many, many more to remove so I’ll be doing this for a while. No problem at all in 4wd low using a Trail Taylor rear bumper and a Smittybuilt receiver insert.
Where ya at? I love juniper firewood.

You need to drive down to Austin and harvest all the damn juniper you want. We call it cedar down here and the pollen kills me!

15966187_1284607784943487_8748052709204005811_n-660x400.jpg

Exactly. Freaking torture.

Couldn't resist a black Friday special on an Ironman Awning. I ordered extra brackets so I can easily switch it from left to right. I have never liked how high these things sit so I do see a way to mount the brackets directly to my Bowfin roof rack...but for another day. I just wanted to get this thing on for now to check it out.

I also heard they are coming out with an add on that allows you to put two poles in where it is mounted to the truck and then drive away......one of the reasons I chose this one outside of the price. They come in 3 widths....I got the middle one.

FJ60awning.JPG

FJ60awning2.JPG

Not entirely WITH the 60 but definitely FOR the 60... picked up this antique transmission jack tonight for $50. It’s a big one! Most likely will be just for removal of the tcase and transmission. More than likely I’ll be installing the engine and tcase/trans together in a few months as one piece.
Regardless this is a very cool old jack. It raises to 24” and ratchets up and down.

05DEA1C8-CC0F-4B9F-BCAD-3CB6A5F1208D.jpeg

D0A4D379-D3A8-4828-A276-A02AE1674F9B.jpeg

Worked under a tarp today, some real heavy duty rain here in the bay.

2E5D7AB9-53FB-4AC0-9989-3AF1BB515F5C.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom