What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (30 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Raised the LSPV 2" to see if it made a difference, noticeable so tracking down better hardware for the long term. After piling on a bunch of weight I needed some braking back.

And just 'cuz

Last edited:
I broke my trailer two days ago. I have 50 miles to Mason TX/LSLC Roundup. We will see if the terrible welds hold. Nothing better than two pairs of sunglasses since the hood wouldnt darken and a stick welder that cant be turned down...they are ugly and terrible.

For some reason the pics arent loading tonight. Well retry tomorrow

Added a quick and dirty but functional bolt on ladder to my swingout. I was prompted by an encounter with one of Washingtons finest last weekend on account of my obscured license plate. Luckily Cruiser was riding with me and was able to use his blue eyed puppy gaze to convince her to let us off with a warning. Visible and lighted, check!

Also found the wagon a suitably branded stablemate to replace my 2 door club cab Dodge. What a beast the 3UR is!

Added a quick and dirty but functional bolt on ladder to my swingout. I was prompted by an encounter with one of Washingtons finest last weekend on account of my obscured license plate. Luckily Cruiser was riding with me and was able to use his blue eyed puppy gaze to convince her to let us off with a warning. Visible and lighted, check!

Also found the wagon a suitably branded stablemate to replace my 2 door club cab Dodge. What a beast the 3UR is! View attachment 1925139

Let me know what you think. I'm debating on a Tundra or Titan at the moment. Finally gonna let my driveway decoration (2013 FJC with 14K miles ) go for a truck again.

J

Didn't you just install that Klaus? At least you just got a warning.

Let me know what you think. I'm debating on a Tundra or Titan at the moment. Finally gonna let my driveway decoration (2013 FJC with 14K miles ) go for a truck again.

J
We had a 2008 Xterra and while mechanically solid the interior just felt cheap, I got the same feeling from Titans. I tried to set brand loyalty aside and look objectively at features and also consider spousal input. The GM 1/2 tons were out on account of me not trusting the current cylinder deactivation stuff. I also didn't want the complexity of twin turbos. That got me down to a 5.0 V-8 F150 or Tundra. I have plenty of seat tume in Ecoboost and 5.0 Fords and I like the trucks overall. I liked that you can get a 6.5' box with a crew cab on the Ford, and they do get better mileage but we liked the sunroof and roll down back window and ease of child seat use with the Crewmax. My wife also remarked that a white F150 looks like a work truck, but a white Tundra is a classy rig. I really like how the Tundra feels taking off - even though on paper it and the 5.0 are fairly close, the Ford feels like a slingshot taking off while the Tundra just puts the power down. Can't wait to tow with it.

We had a 2008 Xterra and while mechanically solid the interior just felt cheap, I got the same feeling from Titans. I tried to set brand loyalty aside and look objectively at features and also consider spousal input. The GM 1/2 tons were out on account of me not trusting the current cylinder deactivation stuff. I also didn't want the complexity of twin turbos. That got me down to a 5.0 V-8 F150 or Tundra. I have plenty of seat tume in Ecoboost and 5.0 Fords and I like the trucks overall. I liked that you can get a 6.5' box with a crew cab on the Ford, and they do get better mileage but we liked the sunroof and roll down back window and ease of child seat use with the Crewmax. My wife also remarked that a white F150 looks like a work truck, but a white Tundra is a classy rig. I really like how the Tundra feels taking off - even though on paper it and the 5.0 are fairly close, the Ford feels like a slingshot taking off while the Tundra just puts the power down. Can't wait to tow with it.

We've had 3 Nissan Armadas and we love them. Basically a SUV on a Titan frame. (Nissan Patrol -- very similar)

We've had 3 Nissan Armadas and we love them. Basically a SUV on a Titan frame. (Nissan Patrol -- very similar)
I had read the Xterra uses the same frame. Ours was very quick, and drove like a car. Fun to drive with the 6-speed and the rev happy 4.0. Lots of small stuff like the trim/interior pieces/cargo area/door seals were falling off or apart though. It was just getting small with car seats in back, and after 24 years of driving nothing but stickshifts she finally decided to get something with an auto.

Didn't you just install that Klaus? At least you just got a warning.
Yeah not too long ago. The tire covered part of the plate though, so it was just a matter of time. I could have just zip tied it somewhere I suppose, but it would still need lights.

More interior work...

Fitted up my new cargo panels from @TRAIL TAILOR . Man, these things are so nice! Every hole lined up perfectly and they came with more than enough hardware for installation. I got the non storage version. Used my plasma cutter to make some holes for my 6x9’s.

I didn’t trust myself to freehand the ovals so here’s the template I made for the speaker cut outs:
01C7AE17-C09D-400B-918E-958DC6DD3AD0.jpeg

Here’s one of the panels installed:
4450C61D-D960-47E3-8529-D6E88904B70D.jpeg

I had some homemade ABS cargo panels previously. Damn things rattled like crazy, drove me nuts. These are rock solid!

Not sure if I’m going to paint them or powder coat them yet. We’ll see...

-Ed

Last edited:
More interior work...

Fitted up my new cargo panels from @TRAIL TAILOR . Man, these things are so nice! Every hole lined up perfectly. I got the non storage version. Used my plasma cutter to make some holes for my 6x9’s.

Here’s the template I made for the speaker cut outs:
View attachment 1925307

Here’s one of the panels installed:
View attachment 1925308

I had some homemade ABS cargo panels previously. Damn things rattled like crazy, drove me nuts. These are rock solid!

Not sure if I’m going to paint them or powder coat them yet. We’ll see...

-Ed

Glad you approve! Thank you for the pics and feedback.

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom