What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (31 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Put the hub and knuckle back together and stripped the other side in prep for cleaning and new bearings tomorrow :)

DROVE IT!
Actually drove it down the road for the first time in 2-1/2 years after the frame off, engine swap, locking diff, H55, etc,...build!
Just driving down the road may seem like a small feat to most on here, and I'll hit the trails as soon as I can break away from work, but it was awesome for me. I'll update the build thread when I get time.
TDC.-

DROVE IT! Actually drove it down the road for the first time in 2-1/2 years after the frame off, engine swap, locking diff, H55, etc,...build! Just driving down the road may seem like a small feat to most on here, and I'll hit the trails as soon as I can break away from work, but it was awesome for me. I'll update the build thread when I get time. TDC.-

Hey. Any time I get in my 30 year old Landcruiser and drive it I feel like a King. We all should.

That's awesome man. You know we like pics in these threads too ;)

^^^^^ that's awesome man, your rig has come a long way! Congrats.

Edit, Kline beat me to it

Bump!
Did my first ever knuckle-rebuild-inner-axle-seal-service-oh-my-god-there-are-parts-everywhere job. First side took ten hours, second side a week later took only 4 :lol:

ForumRunner_20140117_110059.jpg

ForumRunner_20140117_110059.jpg

Yep, love when that happens!

Here is what is scheduled for tonight at least and then going to finally hit up the rear tailgate and lift hatch struts.

image-3156641491.jpg

image-3156641491.jpg

Bump!
Did my first ever knuckle-rebuild-inner-axle-seal-service-oh-my-god-there-are-parts-everywhere job. First side took ten hours:lol:

Save a few hours by not removing the bumper end cap next time :grinpimp: LOL.

Changed the oil and put in a new alternator. Fluttering voltage problem still persists though :mad:

IMAG0609.jpg

IMAG0611.jpg

Changed the oil and put in a new alternator. Fluttering voltage problem still persists though :mad:

I'm also experiencing voltage issues. Did you change your alternator because it was dead or because of the voltage fluctuation?

I'm also experiencing voltage issues. Did you change your alternator because it was dead or because of the voltage fluctuation?

Swapped it out due to the fluctuation. Must be a problem with my voltage regulator setup.

Swapped it out due to the fluctuation. Must be a problem with my voltage regulator setup.

Is your regulator external?

If your ground strap to the engine block, or battery to frame is bad, or the alternator mounting points are dirty or rusty (internal regulator) you may be getting a bad reference voltage for your regulator. If the reference voltage fluctuates, the regulator will kick the alternator in and out...

Re-installed my headlight harness from Erik after sending it to him to get fixed. Now just waiting until it gets dark so I can drive around. :)

Nice Aussie truck.

Drained and replace tranny and transfer case fluids and replaced plugs with magnetic 10mm Allen plugs. Got new shoes and fixed carb fan!

7fe49989ed4cce7e854f5c64213d2989_zpsa2dfac33.jpg

1156c7a8080402373c527f221e762b2c_zps3eadcb09.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom