What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Didn’t do it all today, but suspension rebuild complete. Eibach with rear adjustable lift, Superpro LCA, Superpro sway bar links, SPC UCA, tie rod ends, cv axles, hub, bumpstops, dust shields, Rad Rubber splash shields. Also put in used spindles from a southern gx.
A6B2E1EF-2E01-4444-8C8B-FD1B3AE8B9A8.jpeg

Installed UCAs finally. Still need to go for alignment. Power steering hose on passenger side and then the battery cable loom on driver were the only major things in the way of the UCA bolt.
3446D97A-ECA6-4581-ACAA-D24C7CE0A450.jpeg

Installed two weekends ago was a Coastal Off Road rear swing out bumper that I had been working on with a buddy over a couple of weekends. I also upgraded to Dobinsons 677v rear springs to help with the weight though I may need to go one more step up in spring rate. This past weekend I installed an aluminum Demello front bumper.

PXL_20210514_024147082.jpg
PXL_20210514_024106241.jpg

Installed two weekends ago was a Coastal Off Road rear swing out bumper that I had been working on with a buddy over a couple of weekends. I also upgraded to Dobinsons 677v rear springs to help with the weight though I may need to go one more step up in spring rate. This past weekend I installed an aluminum Demello front bumper.

View attachment 2674587View attachment 2674588

Nice set up! is that a coastal front bumper as well?

It's been relatively tame around here, but I did take advantage of a nice chat pile.

20210515_105941.jpg

You have built a really tight rig without going overboard, nice work! Glad to see you are getting good use out of her as well! Cheers!
Thanks man I am enjoying it and it fills the gap for longer trips that my 4Runner is miserable on and still can get me to good camp spots and run a good trail.

It took a couple of days, but I finished today:
Painted the stock rims using Krylon Fusion "Hammered Dark Bronze" for a gunmetal look.
Painted the front and rear brake calipers with engine enamel.
Put on Irontek 1.25 inch spacers.
Also got a new yellow "Don't Tread on Me" licence plate.

IMG_20210519_184405.jpg

IMG_20210519_184420.jpg

Tried a temporary repair until I can get my LCA fixed or replaced.

the nut on the back of the sway bar mount bracket is stripped. Tried a tap to clean the threads up, but they’re too chewed up.

snagged a longer version of the oem bolt and a new nut. It looks like the bolt is a little too long though.

this will definitely rub the bottom of the coilover yeah?

945AA0AF-A983-4E56-A4AA-5166B57B0A80.jpeg

As a lark I bought the Tandom Off-road Foxbat Key Shell ( it was on sale for 20$ ) just to see how it would be before I dropped more money on the YotoMD fob.... Well I must say that I am very impressed!
It is a solid piece and you really feel like it will not break!
If anyone is looking to replae their old fob and are hesitent to pull the trigger for a YotoMD one... look at the Tandom version it is a great deal!
As a possible con I will say that the product is a bit... rougher then the YotoMD offering, the ones i have seen are more ... polished as a "proper" manufacture would be but I like the feel of the lines from the 3D printing on the Tandom. That is where the difference in the price tag comes in.

just before you do open up your case and make sure you have the right type of blade!
PXL_20210522_175021269_2.jpg
PXL_20210522_175024977_2.jpg

Finished interior trim details yesterday and got the molle panels back up. Goal is to store what I had on the molle panels on the interior, now on the door side for much easier access. This will also free up space on the interior for the fridge and my sleeping setup.

20210523_144905.jpg

20210522_182732.jpg

20210522_182239.jpg

I finally bought/installed a wireless winch controller. I didn't take pics, sorry, but it's dead simple to install and works well.
The unit itself has a brief delay, and runs for maybe 1/2 second (less?) after you let go. I think that for very careful winching, I'd still connect the wired controller but for "I'm stuck in a snowbank and need to pull myself out" it'll be perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom