What did you do to your pig today? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Took her for a drive.
37F9DFD0-1D17-4FF0-9031-785722D19F9F.jpeg
25F3E570-BDF5-41EB-AF65-C9E1BC5A14F9.jpeg
EA8BA040-CC1F-4A03-9423-A4280B15658D.jpeg

I replaced the hot battery cable to the starter and the cold cable to the motor. I felt like there wasn't enough oomph for the starter, maybe that will help. I don't know if my efforts worked because my batter is dead.

Attempted a Valve cover gasket replacement but it wasn’t the right one, did, however accomplish a new battery, fuel filter, coil, wires, plugs, air filter, & oil change. Some engine cleaning, and a couple hoses got trimmed and tightened.
Also managed to de-virginize the brand new 10th Mtn Hut associations garage facility with a Pig oil spill and Swine fuel on the floor. Cleaned up thoroughly, as there’s not too many heated garages I have access to! Scrub a dub!
My Piggy’s happy at the moment, but I’ve got new shocks, SOR front axle seal kit & my 4wd isn’t engaging. Gonna have to isolate and fix the issue (shouldn’t be be too hard) before I put the front axle back together.
Pretty impressed with how the Pig has handled a Leadville winter in 2wd.

31EFD2B6-8617-4D73-8A4F-3761A94229CA.jpeg

0E011B11-24F6-4E78-9D25-64571903F7AD.jpeg

Hey Mtnyota,

You thinking about making the 2019 Pig Party, missed you last year.
Hiya!
I’d sure like to. Was bummed to miss the ‘18 PP, but (insert excuses here) and couldn’t make it. Lemme check out the details.....I reckon there’s a thread here for it......I’ll take a gander.
I nearly sold the ole’ beast after I needed to use our more convenient vehicle for work....my better half wasn’t too thrilled on daily driving the 55. After getting a load of interested buyers I had to do a bunch of apologizing, as we decided the Pig wouldn’t be getting sold....somehow the wife fell back in love with it! I think it had to do with a 2wd deep snow romp up to one of the Backcountry huts. “That things a BEAST!” She said! Thanking my lucky stars!

Lol....I think my 4wd broke on the 1st Pig Party....it’s still so capable in 2wd I never noticed until many months after.

Old battery or do you think there's a drain?
It's a new battery, and I hadn't driven it much plus when I do drive it, the alternator is only doing so much. I have it on charge and will crack it today.

Charged up and it starts really well everytime. I feel like I solved the issue. Driving it around today to work it ran great. I did discover another issue though. Two of the bolts that hold the disc brake adapter in front driver backed out and started hitting the inner hub. I have to pull the whole hub apart to fix it at another time. Balls.

Charged up and it starts really well everytime. I feel like I solved the issue. Driving it around today to work it ran great. I did discover another issue though. Two of the bolts that hold the disc brake adapter in front driver backed out and started hitting the inner hub. I have to pull the whole hub apart to fix it at another time. Balls.

What adapter are you running?

Man-a-fre. When I did the seals last year a few bolts were a bit knackered and my father-in-law had a few in his collection. Those are the ones that came loose. Weird.

Grafted a drivers side rear door window regulator gear base to my drivers front window regulator linkage and got a game plan for repairing the rollers in the link tracks. Also shut the door regulator linkage up by strategically stuffing pieces of a pond master pump inlet filter into the linkage pathway. Sooo much quieter and the window reg is a lot smoother as it’s gears have almost no wear. I may look into adding a coil of tension to the spring one day... the parts are a 3/8 OD bushing 1/4” overall length, oem spring washer or a 3/8” ID nylon thrust washer no more than 1/16”, and a 1/4” x .500” flat headed solid rivet. Have to drill out both holes; one to 3/8, and one to 1/4”. I ran the river thru the flange end of the bush, but due to the bush flange, one could also run it the other way and seat the river into the end of the bushing, rather than the swing arm. HTH!

Found a new place to do work on the piggy!
I’ll be able to do a bit more here, as opposed to a snowy ice covered driveway!
Door seals & fix e-brake next. SOR knuckle kit and hub kit in hand.

27D4C824-4A72-4AE9-897A-D10D946AA57A.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom