What did you do to your pig today? (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

" Those old roof racks just fit the need."

I agree. I have a six footer that I used before mounting the rooftop tent. Have another smaller, wider one that I need to prep and paint. Saw it while I was looking at another Craigslist item and bought it just because it was available.

I splurged today on a HUGE rack setup for the Iron Pug! Found on CL for $400. It's newer style, but if I hate the looks, I can flip it and make a lil extra Pig project dough.
Yakima Mega warrior (or maybe Load Warrior) basket with extra extensions, 8 Yakima Gutter Towers with 4 crossbars, Hi-Lift jack & mount, spare tire mount, led lightbar, 2 led spotlights. Plus other assorted accessories.
I'll post some pics tomorrow after I get back from trail riding near Eagle, CO on the Moto.
Can't wait to see how this beast looks (good or too much) on my Pug.

Made a gasket for my modified trans tunnel hatch... McMaster pn 9141k117- 10 feet in black, #10 solid then- about 8 feet in black...
IMG_2764.JPG
IMG_2765.JPG
IMG_2767.JPG
IMG_2769.JPG
IMG_2770.JPG

That's a really clean look as well as functional. Nice job

Me and @pmccraney are replacing the rear main and oil pan gasket in his Pig.

Total bitch of a job. We almost wrapped it up today but we can't force it that last 1/2" into the pilot bearing.

We called it quits and will tackle the final push tomorrow afternoon

IMG_9555.JPG

Cleaned up
IMG_9560.JPG

Packing bread

IMG_9558.JPG

It takes about 4 pieces of bread

IMG_9561.JPG

Hog love

IMG_9548.JPG

Wngrog,

Just checking, but did you test fit the bearing on the shaft before installing? Clutch alignment tool? That last 1/2" can be a pain.

Wngrog,

Just checking, but did you test fit the bearing on the shaft before installing? Clutch alignment tool? That last 1/2" can be a pain.

No bearing Test.

We used clutch alignment tool.

Gonna drop and recheck it tomorrow.

Stab and win. I know it.

We did use the old bearing to press in the new one, and they were same size.

Also, bearing came of out of aisin clutch kit, and fit with the alignment tool, so i feel like its right.

I think we just need to try again when we arent so tired and frustrated.

Thanks for all the help @wngrog

She will ride again soon without a bloody nose (hopefully):
IMG_2408.JPG

We did use the old bearing to press in the new one, and they were same size.

Also, bearing came of out of aisin clutch kit, and fit with the alignment tool, so i feel like its right.

I think we just need to try again when we arent so tired and frustrated.

Thanks for all the help @wngrog

She will ride again soon without a bloody nose (hopefully):
View attachment 1497696
That's some wicked body work and paint job. Nice

Changed plugs,wires,fuel filter, back window gasket,have air filter and oil filter to do next..plus some leaks but that'll take some time :coffee:

New plugs. The Pig Party put a hurting on them. I read a lengthy debate online about which plug manufacture, what size and chose a set after wading through the fluff. Put them in and it ran like a sack of excrement. Then i got back online and read a lengthy debate about what gap to use and why. Again, i wade through manure and picked a good gap, and voila...Runs like a champ.

So which plug and what gap?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom