What did you do to your pig today? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Replaced air filter and added a second clear fuel filter..used denso gaped to .035 she seems to be running ok around the driveway will take her out later this week and report back

Never say never..change it to i'd not like to...
well that being said i'd always say idc how clean my 4x4 truck is or how much it costs i'll take it off road and not care how clean it is..WELLLLL

So which plug and what gap?

Keep in mind I have a first gen sbc with double hump heads, hei, and aftermarket TBI.

The consensus was to get ac Delco or ngk. R45S is the ac Delco that most use and it has an extended electrode. I had the autolight version but with the plug I squished at the pig party I got the shorter electrode, R45 plug. I gapped at .035 at first and went to a loose .045 and like the result.

Looked at it wishing it had AC...

V dubber gas pedal :) wtf. :) :rofl: teasing.

You know, when I think back on my most reliable rigs, that dang bug was about fj55 reliable... not to mention, my first off road rig! I got it to the crux of the fire road to the cap rocks at the 93 tollhouse rock face off when the clutch slipped and I almost rolled right off the 1000 face! That little manzanita saved my bacon and the keep guys helped too...man, memberberries...

That's jeep guys... i must have my filter set to Toyota...

IMG_3018.JPG
IMG_3020.JPG
IMG_3024.JPG
IMG_3025.JPG
IMG_3028.JPG
Some frame patch panels...

Fabbed to appear to be part of the front suspension hangers. The hardest part was making the welds look like they are functional without biting too deep( to ease future removal) and then applying paint to look old and dirty. It was runny paint, sand, dust with primer, overspray with grey then white then dust with primer cover in dirt, rubbed around, blown off then dusted with primer again... it does not appear as tho it was done within the last few months I think...make me a date. I think I'm ready...

Repaired the right side turn signal. Fender rusted through an had to do some "casual" reinforcement. Not a factory finish but it matches the rest of the patina.

IMAG01812.jpg

IMAG01813.jpg

IMAG01822.jpg

IMAG01819.jpg

IMAG01820.jpg

Fit the cover on it..SOR o_O and here she is all waxed..i really want to test out this PTO..maybe its time to sell the 80 :confused:

oh got some awesome paint matched as well nice little touch up amount

Gave it a bath, took it to church-YES, I said church, and got its VIN verified.
IMG_3032.JPG
IMG_3034.JPG
IMG_3035.JPG

Finally got my old new 1973 piggy on the road! @Glennmerkel couldnt have done it without your help! Thank you!

Man, I love that thing. I keep thinking about a slide on camper type system that you could set on legs and drive under it.

GOOD JOB!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom