Builds What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week? (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

More - Changed all my fluids - 200K service

1564245499760.png

1564245526555.png

Brake fluid - no pic

coolant - no pic

2015 4Runner SR5 wheels and 285 KO2s installed on my 04 GX. Massaged the fender liners a bit with a heat gun as I was getting a little rubbing. She’s looking sexy!
AD31A00E-46CF-4B19-A3B7-E1B330E7B95E.jpeg

Last edited:
Thursday was a busy one... Installed a Marlin Crawler tcase spool in the 80. Tcase was nice and clean inside!

IMG_20190725_055027833.jpg

Removed the ABS and LSPV, added an adjustable proportioning valve and new MC.

IMG_20190725_105416986.jpg

While in the process, found my PHH bypass had a nice deep groove worn in it, so I replaced and re-routed that - which led to finding a crack in the heater valve. While I was waiting for parts, I added a blue sea fuse block in the back of the truck and replaced all of the aux wiring.

IMG_20190725_151152779.jpg

Then test fitted the correct size slide for my fridge setup and re-installed the piranha slide for my trip next week.

IMG_20190727_121624935.jpg

IMG_20190727_121316397.jpg

Last night I put the new heater valve in, bled the brakes and took it for a test drive. At first the brakes did not feel any better than they did previously until I started adjusting the proportioning valve. Now the pedal is super firm, requires little effort and stops insanely fast! I have swapped quite a few LSPV's for manual valves on toyota's over the years, not sure why I waited 6 years to do this one.

Thursday was a busy one... Installed a Marlin Crawler tcase spool in the 80. Tcase was nice and clean inside!

View attachment 2040857

View attachment 2040858

While in the process, found my PHH bypass had a nice deep groove worn in it, so I replaced and re-routed that - which led to finding a crack in the heater valve. While I was waiting for parts, I added a blue sea fuse block in the back of the truck and replaced all of the aux wiring.

View attachment 2041330

Then test fitted the correct size slide for my fridge setup and re-installed the piranha slide for my trip next week.

View attachment 2041328
View attachment 2041329

Last night I put the new heater valve in, bled the brakes and took it for a test drive. At first the brakes did not feel any better than they did previously until I started adjusting the proportioning valve. Now the pedal is super firm, requires little effort and stops insanely fast! I have swapped quite a few LSPV's for manual valves on toyota's over the years, not sure why I waited 6 years to do this one.

Where'd ya get that 30 Second Kitchen? Smart and space-thrifty design.

Where'd ya get that 30 Second Kitchen? Smart and space-thrifty design.

I picked it up from Yjeff a few years ago. I love it, fits my setup perfectly. Its nice having everything in the truck and ready to go.

For long road trips and wife camping, I tow a 13ft travel trailer that does not have a fridge or stove. This setup compliments the trailer perfectly as well.

IMG_20190118_142250169.jpg
IMG_20190414_171125430.jpg

I didn't want to ask but I truly must know. Why do you have each fluid on a piece of paper? Is this to compare it to new fluids or do you keep a binder of old fluids for records purposes? Is this just another thing to get a "Like" on a post? :p What gives?

I didn't want to ask but I truly must know. Why do you have each fluid on a piece of paper? Is this to compare it to new fluids or do you keep a binder of old fluids for records purposes? Is this just another thing to get a "Like" on a post? :p What gives?
Dabbing on white paper makes it easy to see the condition of the old fluid.

View attachment 2040857

View attachment 2040858

View attachment 2041330

View attachment 2041328
View attachment 2041329

Which valve did you use?

Which valve did you use?

Its a summit branded wilwood valve I had on the shelf. I have used several of them over the years, they are only about $40 and I have never had a problem with one.

I finally got around to installing my SDHQ battery terminals. The new negative terminal was provided with the inboard connection. I had bought a 6 gauge grounding cable from Autozone to replace the grounding cable from the terminal to the fender.

666404A9-8995-4E7A-B3D2-2B623FD7B8DD.JPG

Last edited:
It also makes any metallic particles or other wear products stand out.

If there would of been more than normal metal on the magnet I would then strain the oil through a t-shirt for sparkles.

1564500632710.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom