Builds What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week? (26 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had a nice custom rear shelf made several years ago (click here for pics)> New rear storage area but took it out on a day that I needed to haul a large potted tree from Home Depot. It has sat out of the truck forvquite some time so I reinstalled it today with some minor tweaks that have made it 100 % completely noise-rattle free. It helps the ability to pack much better for camping-wheeling trips.

I had a nice custom rear shelf made several years ago (click here for pics)> New rear storage area but took it out on a day that I needed to haul a large potted tree from Home Depot. It has sat out of the truck forvquite some time so I reinstalled it today with some minor tweaks that have made it 100 % completely noise-rattle free. It helps the ability to pack much better for camping-wheeling trips.

Pics man. Need pics

Sure, ill copy and paste from the thread:
The clearance is tight utilizing all the room but still not rubbing on anything. The whole unit is very square with gusseting on each corner designed for maximum clearance where it is needed. There are four legs that come off the side of the frame and use existing bolt holes from the 3rd row seat brackets for extra stability (marked in the picture).
In order to make the frame large enough to maximize use of the space underneath, John made the frame expandable :cool: for ease of in and out. Small u bolts hold the grid down tight to the frame and is completely quiet - no noises :clap:. I topped it off with a thin padded top that can be easily removed when the the bungies come out.

dsc04709-jpg.671364

dsc04710-jpg.671365

dsc04711-jpg.671366

Medtro joined us for the final install at Johns house and helped us bolt her in. I also noticed that when the seat backs are folded forward, the level of the seat backs are the same as the shelf for one continuous flat space. Home depot runs will be much easier among other things.

A huge thanks to John (jjgarci1) for offering to help and going above and beyond for no reason other than the desire to help a cruiser brother out. The mans got skills, that for sure :cool:

img_5790-jpg.671371

dsc04708-jpg.671372

Cross post 80 section...

Needed to see terrain details to back up in a little sketchy spot on my last solo trip. Getting out was not a safe option.:mad: This was the third time for this issue so keeping my tradition, its time to address.

Back up cam install time -
I have had a set up for a while now but did not have a good spot to mount a monitor.:(
Along comes the WI-Fi transmitter to adapt to the camera and display on my iPad (F-Ya!) that I have mounted for navigation. The install was super easy and I now have a huge back up screen. Camera options are nice but not sure what I will use beside backing up.
Some of the camera options -
Still pictures at the touch
Video at the touch
Zoom in n out

I wanted camera on demand so I did not wire it to back up lights. The LUX is .05 and provides good viewing in total darkness but with my 18W LED back up lights its like daylight. Viewing the iPad when backing up at night is just as clear as night time the LED light. Pictured below on the screen is with no additional light source, total darkness. The Green, Yellow, and Red grid lines on the camera display are very accurate at 4', 2', and 1' measured from the camera. The water proof camera is mounted to and under the license plate light out of harms way. No Land Cruiser parts were damaged in this installation. The video in real life is very clear much nicer than the pictures. In a perfect world I could use a little wider picture to pick up the corners of the rear bumper. Because the camera is WiFi the app can be installed on any or multiply phones and tables android or OS for viewing.

This is part 1 in a 2 part install. Next I will be mounting another camera up front with the ability to switch front to rear switched at the console. As a bonus I want to figure out how to switch front to back viewing from inside my CampTeq using my phone for boogyman viewing at night.

img_8209-1-jpg.1400730
img_8224-1-jpg.1400731

Pooch is ready for a road trip.

Is it going to fit into the garage with the tent on?

Unfortunately no it will not fit in the garage with tent. But with the rack I can undo the side bolts and just remove the tent with bars attached for ease of removal and install

Pooch is ready for a road trip.

Yep. She sure is. Lol exited for the weekend.

Cross post 80 section...

Needed to see terrain details to back up in a little sketchy spot on my last solo trip. Getting out was not a safe option.:mad: This was the third time for this issue so keeping my tradition, its time to address.

Back up cam install time -
I have had a set up for a while now but did not have a good spot to mount a monitor.:(
Along comes the WI-Fi transmitter to adapt to the camera and display on my iPad (F-Ya!) that I have mounted for navigation. The install was super easy and I now have a huge back up screen. Camera options are nice but not sure what I will use beside backing up.
Some of the camera options -
Still pictures at the touch
Video at the touch
Zoom in n out

I wanted camera on demand so I did not wire it to back up lights. The LUX is .05 and provides good viewing in total darkness but with my 18W LED back up lights its like daylight. Viewing the iPad when backing up at night is just as clear as night time the LED light. Pictured below on the screen is with no additional light source, total darkness. The Green, Yellow, and Red grid lines on the camera display are very accurate at 4', 2', and 1' measured from the camera. The water proof camera is mounted to and under the license plate light out of harms way. No Land Cruiser parts were damaged in this installation. The video in real life is very clear much nicer than the pictures. In a perfect world I could use a little wider picture to pick up the corners of the rear bumper. Because the camera is WiFi the app can be installed on any or multiply phones and tables android or OS for viewing.

This is part 1 in a 2 part install. Next I will be mounting another camera up front with the ability to switch front to rear switched at the console. As a bonus I want to figure out how to switch front to back viewing from inside my CampTeq using my phone for boogyman viewing at night.

Do you have a product link? This would be perfect with my Android tablet dedicated to the truck.

Turned out "top shelf" ! Well done :cheers:

Replaced/did Oil change, oil filter, fuel filter, air filter, iridium spark plugs, cap, rotor, and replaced my coolant. Not as much as I wanted to get done today but work is interfering with my landcruiser career.

So I have a little catching up to do here.

This weekend I changed out the Engine Oil and Oil Filter. Changed out the front differential Gear oil. Got my new cup holders in from bh3d printing and they look and function great.

80 Series/LX450 Double Cup Holder | BH3D Printing

Also got to install my LED dome lights and door lights. Very bright and functional for my. I really like them.

About 2 weeks ago now it took my Lexus LX450 down to Camelback Toyota. They gave me a full vehicle inspection report and I got the rear main seal, transmission mount, and the transmission fluid done. Eric (murf), Tom and all the others that helped me at CBT were very profession and great to deal with. Their techs did a great job and my FJ80 does not leak a drop of anything since they got their work done. I have a list of things I need to attend to on the vehicle but now I know what I need :)
Great job guys at CBT I was very happy with my service. Nice to have the FJ not spewing fluid every where :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom