What did you do on your 70 series today? (36 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Front recovery point!

20170707_114502.jpg

Prepped for 3 weeks on the road.
IMG_1442.JPG

Good Old PZJ77, 1993. Sorry for a bit of a download, didn't post progress as I went as just signed up today after checking out this site for a couple of years now...always was a bit slow and can't rush these things afterall.

to date, Fitted ARB Winch Bar, Rhino Pioneer Roof rack, Safari Snorkel, 2" Tough Dog Suspension Lift, Swapped out those dodgy electric motor front hubs for a set of 60 series hubs and AISIN Manual hub locks, X9 Super winch, BIG RED LED Spotlights + some rear work LED lights(not shown in the pic as old pic), Made extra long battery tray under hood to fit 2 main batteries [24V series system] + 2 more smaller 12v Auxilary batteries [in parallel] charged off Redarc 24V to 12V charger at moment(may get a solar panel for when camping), An Aussie made rear bar that I scored off a Troop Carrier (has to tweak it a bit), modified tow bar. Got some tough black customs seat covers, especially to cover front drivers seat as the side had persihed so packed up with foam and covered with bit of old T shirt + contact adhesive (ados F3) before putting on outer cover(is quite comforatble now and can't feel the inner edge wire). Changed out rims to 16x8 steelies with Micky Thompson MTZ's that I got 2nd hand in pretty good nick. Blacked out the chrome front grille and side mirrors with that Plasti dip (was a bit sceptical but it seems to hold up well after a year). Also sprayed whole chassis etc... and engine bay, door panels (inside) with Corrosion X

To do (maybe)....

- Have some black colour(dye/paint) to black out roof liner and trims on door pilars etc... but not sure if I will do that?
- Wire in auxilary plugs at rear for fridge etc...
- Put another courtesy light in back so I can find things in the dark
- Sort out some more(or some at all) cup holders for front
- Replace rear door cards and cards in cargo area with check plate aluminium and spray black with ute liner (will spray side steps at same time)
- Pulled out faulty Air Con (perhaps bad idea?) but have air con pump still and may mount dive bottle underneath for onboard air setup (looks tricky getting oil to lube compressor and then remove oil after compressor...perhaps can run it dry if I don't run for long)

Wouldn't mind rear diff lock but don't really need for what I us it for and the missus would kill me if I do that before fixing the kitchen (or perhaps just kill me if I spend anymore at all on the truck).
Land Cruiser PZJ77 Sml.jpg

Last edited:
Took it to SMORR to test out the 80 axles and SOA.

Tagging @bj70_guy because he was interested in results.

The truck did great. While it is tall, it felt remarkably stable on off camber trails. Although the slopes do not translate well onto camera, there are a few examples of this in the video. The obstacle at 5:50, in particular, is one that feels tipsy in both my 4Runner and FZJ80, but didn't feel bad at all in the BJ. In the last photo, you can see where the vehicle is close to leaning into the ditch, but I attribute it more to a bad line than the height of the vehicle. The one issue that the height does present is that dodging trees on off camber trails can be problematic.

IMG_20170716_172411355.jpg

IMG_4040.JPG

IMG_20170716_134157181.jpg

IMG_5572.JPG

IMG_5602.JPG

How will that FRP rack Mount? Will be interested to see!

How will that FRP rack Mount? Will be interested to see!

I've sold about 20 of these over the past two years. 6 gutter mounts and 6 distribution feet through out the glass top.

New racks have the adjustable height gutter mounts as well.

J

C-BO.png
20160524_090544.jpg
20160524_090225.jpg
IMG_0764.JPG

IMG_0768.JPG

Installed 80 series non-US steel rims with some Toyos. :)

Used Spidertrax 1.5" spacers from my good friends at Slee Off Road @sleeoffroad ... thank you Christo and team.

Changes the stance quite a bit.

That combo though is stupid heavy. I'd say over 90lbs a wheel/rim combo.

50 miles of driving then take the mm back off and retorque the spacers to 85ft/lb... they were installed with red Loctite on the OEM studs.

IMG_4382.JPG
IMG_4383.JPG
IMG_4384.JPG
IMG_4385.JPG
IMG_4387.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom