What did you do on your 70 series today? (31 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think there are better ways to use that space than by butchering one of the nicest OE stereo mounting setups around.

I prefer my version, but I guess whatever floats your boat.

20161223_202227.jpg

On the bj I'm fixing the factory face plate was butchered. Only 2 screws held the deck in place and it flopped up n down with every bump. This ain't no blvd. Cruiser

I think there are better ways to use that space than by butchering one of the nicest OE stereo mounting setups around.

I prefer my version, but I guess whatever floats your boat.

View attachment 1494115

Those are some neat switches,want to share where you found them?

Thanks

Joe

Fair enough. If you want to restore it, the radio surround is available for about $25 + postage (55413-90K00) and the radio side plates are available pretty cheap from the usual vendors. RH Radio Bracket for 70 Series Cruisers [86211-90K00] - $10.00 : CruiserParts.net, Toyota Landcruiser Parts
Would be nice all stock but that doesn't meet my sons needs. When the new KWood goes in and mount is finished. He'll have sat radio etc. and a dedicated 12v outlet that is solidly mounted to last thru daily use. Plus a mount that accepts screws so I don't have to pierce the metal. This is a geologists daily driver not a garage queen. If somebody can share best way to convert 24-12v that'd be helpful. Harness plug is cut off.

^^Looking good!!!

I spent way too much on some LED bulbs for my auxillary VDO gauges. Probably could've gotten them cheaper elsewhere, but I'm not too excited about risking them not working properly and then having to disassemble and reassemble the whole cluster again. The LED bulbs are 24V compatible according to VDO, so it made the wiring a bit easier since the OEM cluster already had illumination wires running into the area.

752.JPG

149.JPG

IMG_2823.JPG

before anyone goes and cuts the tops off of there rear doors to make half doors if your interested in a set of half doors I have a set that have already been cut off. I've been trying to find replacements for my frp equipped cruiser I'd be willing to trade. Let me know
I am trying to follow this thread and it is likely you sold these doors (true?). If not, I am a new owner of a BJ74 (for 3 happy days now!) and am interested in a set of doors. Please let me know.

One off custom from local fab shop. Needed something sturdy for 3 point harnesses and to protect the little ones but also allowed for mounting an OEM fold and tumble further back for MUCH better leg room. Very happy with it.[/QUOTE]
Love the cage. I just bought (4 days ago) a BJ74. Need to install belts for kids for bench and having rollbar (or cage) for mounting is ideal. When I get to a local (Atlanta) shop---likely ACC--- to do it, ok if I connect them with your guy for specs to streamline the process? Thanks in advance. Second question: do you own a soft-top? if so, from where?

ACC does great work but you might want to consider Robinson Racing up in Cumming. They do a ton of metal work and roll cages. They built a cage for my Spec Miata a few years back and did a great job. I'm sure ACC would do as well, but since cages and metalwork are all RR does I'd be inclined to at least chat them up.

ACC does great work but you might want to consider Robinson Racing up in Cumming. They do a ton of metal work and roll cages. They built a cage for my Spec Miata a few years back and did a great job. I'm sure ACC would do as well, but since cages and metalwork are all RR does I'd be inclined to at least chat them up.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Today I bolted on new skins. 235/85/16 on oem 16x7. Even new nuts. KellytSRs. Good void to lug ratio and narrow. A3b is way happier pushing the lower resistance. Might even spin them fast enough to self clean. Will suck in dry sand I think but these are super in winter

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Love the cage. I just bought (4 days ago) a BJ74. Need to install belts for kids for bench and having rollbar (or cage) for mounting is ideal. When I get to a local (Atlanta) shop---likely ACC--- to do it, ok if I connect them with your guy for specs to streamline the process? Thanks in advance. Second question: do you own a soft-top? if so, from where?

I think you were quoting a post I made. Happy to connect the shops but am not sure the outfit I used would remember all that much or be of any significant help. They had my truck for about a week for the fab work/install and I'm pretty sure that was the first and last Landcruiser they worked on. ZERO chance they have any specs or measurements.

No soft top yet (see @joekatana 's thread about a possible new option) but I do have a bikini top. Again, a local boat cover shop made a one-off for me. Pretty simple and straightforward.

PM me if you have any specific questions

:lol:

That's for F/H engine iterations.

I hope you bought a new gasket and seal kit and a new input shaft because that transmission is for the US version F and H engines. Input shafts are different and to swap input shafts, the entire transmission has to come apart.

Not the version for a 1HZ/1HD engine.

Plan on another $1200-2000

Good luck.

For an extra 500$ you can select the 1HZ/1HD-T option

Drove it out of the shop and around to the front of our building so I could take this photo and show off the newly installed snorkel.

There was no significant dust nor deep water crossings during this 50 foot journey, but I was ready for both!

View attachment 1491928

Monday afternoon, I had the pleasure of seeing this sight in person; much more impressive sight in person. If traffic hadn't been fairly heavy and we still had a ways to go yet, I would have loved to turn around to check out your truck up close. Maybe next year when I am in the area for CMCC, I will be able stop.

Monday afternoon, I had the pleasure of seeing this sight in person; much more impressive sight in person. If traffic hadn't been fairly heavy and we still had a ways to go yet, I would have loved to turn around to check out your truck up close. Maybe next year when I am in the area for CMCC, I will be able stop.

What were you doing up this way? Too bad you didn't have time to say hello.

I was down in atlanta for 11 years before moving back here. My dad still lives in Marietta area. Small world!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom