What did you do on your 70 series today? (32 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I got my new fridge/freezer by mail.
upload_2017-6-8_17-14-15.png

upload_2017-6-8_17-14-38.png

Picked up the cruiser with its new budget-priced soft top. FRP is sidelined until maybe October.
upload_2017-6-8_17-15-54.png

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Quick access gun box and shell holder for Spring turkey season.

Last edited:
Nothing to exciting, 5000klm service, trying Bp multi fleet ci4 +/ with Jaso 1 & adjusted clutch booster/ pedal as shifting was a little tight, shifting more freely now, and engaging not so close to floor, simple job, as I got a little concerned on the clutch booster condition and inspected considering all the chatter on subject recently.
Kid bought a bj. Been sitting in a garage since 2003. Today scored 24v bulbs for the side marker and front runner. Should have been welding in patches on r rear tub, rust never sleeps! Need to safety it within 2 weeks. Ordered new suspension, old man emu21/2 inch lift new every thing. Monday I find out cost on 4:11 gears and locker. Going to be a busy summer

Nice bj is there any body lift there or just springs?are you using 24v Lites?
The owner pre-me had a 2 inch OME lift put on it. Yes, 24V stuff.

Details on the budget top?
Top was made in CHarlottesville VA at an upholstery shop that does tons of auto work.
The fabric is Haartz Stayfast.
They put a C-channel along the windscreen frame. Tons of snaps screwed into the body. I can unscrew then and go back to the FRP whenever.
I had to use some thick steel plate to reinforce the point where the bows attach.

Under certain conditions, the top flaps loudly. They say they can adjust things if it does not shrink a bit more.

Top was made in CHarlottesville VA at an upholstery shop that does tons of auto work.
The fabric is Haartz Stayfast.
They put a C-channel along the windscreen frame. Tons of snaps screwed into the body. I can unscrew then and go back to the FRP whenever.
I had to use some thick steel plate to reinforce the point where the bows attach.

Under certain conditions, the top flaps loudly. They say they can adjust things if it does not shrink a bit more.

I am glad that someone was able to make an aftermarket top for your cruiser. If I had done the same, the only thing I would have done differently was make the windows bigger but that is just my personal taste.

FJ73, I agree. If I outlast this top, its replacement will have bigger windows or maybe 2 small ones on each side. My dog is pissed off that the sliding windows are gone. Windows with zipper openings cost xtra.
Thanks again for the back doors! They made this possible.

I installed a 24V stereo that got shipped from Australia. Of course, the device was made in China.
It has a monochrome LCD screen... no crazy light show when in use. Seems to work well.
upload_2017-6-10_16-59-21.png

upload_2017-6-10_16-59-56.png

Finally got some floor mats. Found a cut to fit version of some weathertechs in a nice tan at auto zone. They we're the only ones that seemed narrow enough and since they had the cut to fit edges I was able to make it work perfect around accelerator pedal. Passenger side fits really well and also have some small rear squares to step onto before walking into the rear area as well.
IMG_4498.JPG

Last edited:

:lol:

That's for F/H engine iterations.

I hope you bought a new gasket and seal kit and a new input shaft because that transmission is for the US version F and H engines. Input shafts are different and to swap input shafts, the entire transmission has to come apart.

Not the version for a 1HZ/1HD engine.

Plan on another $1200-2000

Good luck.

Last edited:
Finally got some floor mats. Found a cut to fit version of some weathertechs in a nice tan at auto zone. They we're the only ones that seemed narrow enough and since they had the cut to fit edges I was able to make it work perfect around accelerator pedal. Passenger side fits really well and also have some small rear squares to step onto before walking into the rear area as well.
View attachment 1477505

I have new OEM ones if you had wanted. For RHD trucks.

image.jpg

I have new OEM ones if you had wanted. For RHD trucks.

View attachment 1478431
I recently read through that whole thread where the acquisition of those is talked about. I was a little more excited about these because the color and assume they were a good bit cheaper. $45.

More importantly, every time I drive the troopy to play soccer wearing my Tevas I think of you. :p :rainbow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom