What Can I Get Rid Of Here? Any Pics of a Desmog Diagram? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
PO removed the smog pump, but I don't know what else I can get rid of to clean up under the hood. It's a '75, and no vacuum line to the distributor, but I don't know what else most of this does that's all vacuum lined to the carb. I've tried searching and found diagrams, but I still don't know what I need to leave and what can go. There's still an EGR light under the dash with some wires to it as well. I don't think I need this do I? Anyone with pics of their setup would help...
IMG_20170320_185858_zps05mi7gla.jpg

I've been looking for pics of a desmogged 78 FJ40. I started the desmog after gathering info from the forum and other forums. I'm not real confident in my situation, but I have started and I am about half way through. I started with removing vacuum lines and removing the EGR and smog pump. I am having a heck of a time with the EGR. Bolts are seized and I may be causing more damage than what it is worth. I'll post up some pics of my progress.

I can post some pics of my desmogged '76 if you still need help. From the pictures I can see there it looks like the same setup as mine.

I can tell you you won't need the EGR light since the EGR valve and EGR cooler are parts you'll be removing. Also, you'll need to plug the orange hose that's in the first picture you posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom