A step in the right direction... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,
I've been watching this site for awhile after purchasing my 1978 Fj40 and I finally have some progress to show. I have purchased a new tub and started moving parts from the old one over to the "new" red tub. I just ordered some Monstaliner and chassis saver to use after the tub is cleaned up. New frame coming soon! Can't wait to bring this LC back to life!

IMG_8164.JPG

IMG_9427.JPG

IMG_9428.jpg

IMG_9510.JPG

IMG_9509.JPG

you might want to sandblast and paint the tub before you start putting stuff on it. Then coat the floors top and bottom for protection. Just a thought. I know it takes more time and money, but then you end up with a long lasting finished product when you are done

The plan is to get this beast up and running, the drive train is in great working order. Needs a bit of TLC. The key thing right now is to have the thing running for the summer so that we (family) can enjoy it. I plan on fixing things as I go once it is running and safe. looking at possibly doing a lift now while everything is apart.

make sure your state won't hate you for having a different VIN on the frame.. would be a shame to do all that work and then them not register it

Progress... I've never really been a nut and bolt car guy, but since starting this project, I get really excited about going home and working on the 40. Yesterday, I removed the hitch and got the front loose. Only broke a few bolts in the process! Any hints about nuts and bolts, removal, replacement, etc.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom