Were do you mount remote reservoirs...pic request (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just got my front Radflo 2.5 remote reservoirs. The order for all 4 shocks shipped in two boxes and i only have the first box with the fronts. I was told it would include a mounting bracket that i hope is in the second box. But regardless the bracket just gets screwed in wherever you want it. Does anyone have any pictures of where they mounted reservoirs on the 80? I think on the rear they lay them parallel to the axle pointing inboard? the front is a little tighter. pictures would be great!

On a side note when measuring extended length what is the standard place to measure? I would imaging it would be from center to center of where the body sits. Front would be easy, just in the middle of the bushings that sandwich the body and axle, right?

Edit. looking at the front a little bit looks like ti might work well to run the reservoir up through the area that has rubber "sheet" gaskets in the wheel well into the engine compartment. That would keep them cleaner and keep them safer from crap and tire rub. But they might get warmer as well. Do you think ambient air temp is a big deal? Inside engine compartment compared to upper spring mount area temps?

Last edited:
dsc00275-jpg.1025840

Thanks Scott. That is what i was thinking and my ideal location all along. But i dont think it will work with the Radflo. You know those thick lines are only so flexible and dont like tight bends. The radflo line leaves the shock on the top like a more traditional reservoir shock. The line is pointed down as it leaves the shock. The line itself is 15" and the reservoir is 10". The long line is nice but also makes it hard to mount it so close tot he shock body. I think if they had put a 90 degree elbow t the reservoir it might work. i am sure if i sent it in they would do that. But i have a time issue right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom