VMJ73 Resto-Not (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don't know what the deal is

I dunno, maybe they know you got a LHD from previous orders.... I didn't have any problems.
Apparently they were so available it was an "instant checkout" so they've been sitting there for payment since last week.

Wondering if you still need some? would have to place the order like now, considering how long they have been pending payment.
rollbar gasket sale amayama.png

Showed same for me, allowed instant checkout, then the 'delayed' notifications began, this the second.

IMG_3314.PNG

Wondering if you still need some?

That order is paid and 'pending', plus Onur's another set coming on my behalf, as well.

Why, you ask, may two be necessary?

That'll be a future discussion, fully highlighting the depths of my insanity.

New window frame, new weatherstripping, and new glass took over hour to get in yesterday, the local guy teaching me new words and phrases during.

It's in and, in true OK fashion, will fluctuate from a 40° Friday high to 83° on Saturday, so going to actually drive, even if perched on a 5 gallon bucket.

It's in and, in true OK fashion, will fluctuate from a 40° Friday high to 83° on Saturday, so going to actually drive, even if perched on a 5 gallon bucket.

Probably would have been easier to put the glass in on the warmer day... rubber more pliable or something. Or hit it with gently with a heat gun next time.

Probably would have been easier to put the glass in on the warmer day...

Easy to write the check to the professional who, like my business endeavors, doesn't get to choose what days to work, because have to eat each and every.

The stripping was warped to pliable, at the beginning of several attempts, and they have a 'lubricant' that didn't seem to help much either.

Cool score from beno!

IMG_3317.JPG

(That's where the 80 has left her mark, not the 73)

To future enthusiasts, should the 7X inventories ever decline to that of the Pigs....... :flipoff2:

IMG_3330.JPG
IMG_3331.JPG

IMG_3332.JPG
IMG_3333.JPG

AND, so that later I may justify the $50k price tag for this 73....

I know I'm not the only that a bin of similar rubbers prompts an inexplicable stirring.

Tech:

Still not dialed in right and still smoking enough, under acceleration and startup (which doesn't bode well in a garage next to a white car) to be problematic to me.

Feels like the turbo isn't kicking in until way late in the gears, 3rd being the worst, since it's short on the top end.

Can anyone translate that into something that might make sense to the diesel tech?

Hell, I agree, it's fun to chirp 'em in third, but it is a Cruiser and would more expect a well rounded turbo curve (for lack of knowing WTF I'm talking about) like the 1HD turbo.

Don't know how to explain that, I guess....

Little crap....

Hard to tell between Toyota and Spanish plastics, or know what's new OEM design, what's not.

These are huge, compared to previous.
IMG_3405.JPG

IMG_3406.JPG

New arms to replace the Dagoda's. Need new 12V motor, too (granted that matters not if full time topless)

IMG_3410.JPG

The superseded wiper but caps don't fit, but have a tube of silicone....

IMG_3409.JPG

Delancy's Law-

Waited 18 weeks for new windshield, which went in mere days ago.....THEN!

50939628124__AB3E9ACD-83BE-41DA-9F37-0F2AFDA9BBD8.JPG

Coupled with this rarity being ass ended not too long ago, I now know she's accepted the surname and all that coincides with.

Going to key the side and bust a corner light out later, to get it out of the damn way, so I don't have to worry about anymore.

Delancy's Law-

View attachment 1407312

Coupled with this rarity being ass ended not too long ago, I now know she's accepted the surname and all that coincides with.

Going to key the side and bust a corner light out later, to get it out of the damn way, so I don't have to worry about anymore.

Ugh...

Delancy's Law-

You beat me, mine lasted 6 weeks after inspection.....bugga!

This comes to mind, it will induce hate though

00808_c9P5Is1Kbc7_600x450.jpg

Such a monumental occurrence, a rarity unlike any ever experienced in the month of Hell OK, one I never thought possible uttered:

It's too cold for topless, at 62° 4:08am on August 2nd.

Has to be a record, so for posterity.

While I'm here.

Is it possible increased manifold pressure can cause valve chatter?

Noticed for a while, only because it used to be Singer smooth, but unsure if valve adjustment is called for or what.

Still can't get the turbo right......wish I'd ran an OE, even if it doesn't ball the tires in third...as if that's an important feature.

In post 410 I just noticed your fold over wiper arms. Did they come with the truck?
Can these still be purchased I wonder? I went full convertible this summer and would have
liked the fold over arms as opposed to having to remove the wipers when I put the
windshield down. My truck too, is LHD

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom