Value Opinion Requested for BJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Land Cruiser 1.jpg
Land Cruiser 2.jpg
Land Cruiser 6.jpg
Land Cruiser 8.jpg
Land Cruiser 13.jpg

a lot of work has been done to that just from the few pics you posted, from the looks of the work I would run away from it.

How much would it be worth in good shape including a good looking original engine compartment and aftermarket AC?

Do you know of any BJ40's or BJ42's available right now?

I would pay $4k for that truck. I’m Not being rude just straight forward.

A.J

I would pay $4k for that truck. I’m Not being rude just straight forward.

A.J

I believe you, and I appreciate it and I don't think you were being rude. I was asking specifically NOT for what you would pay but what you believe the open-market value is. I would myself by $1. Someone else would pay $1 million. It does not mean that the market value is either $1 or $1 million.

I agree with the $8K USD figure with the limited info available. More than 4K and less than 12K. Lots of amb. door rust - that truck needs to be stored inside, like, yesterday.

I agree with the $8K USD figure with the limited info available. More than 4K and less than 12K. Lots of amb. door rust - that truck needs to be stored inside, like, yesterday.

Two votes thus far for $8,000 market value on the open market. Anyone else want to chime in?

How does it compare to this one with the link below that had an eBay market value of $16,662?

A 1979 FJ 40 (BJ40) on eBay

How can we answer your questions if you don't answer ours ?

Localisation where you are looking for is important. Diesel truck are more or less common in various places of the world.
Mechanical condition is off course critical with a bad body.

Without trying to guess anything and with the level of info, value is only as a part vehicle, 3 to 4k. Even <2k if nothing under the hood (possible with what we see/know).

The truck you compare is a petrol one, not a diesel.

The VIN of the one I linked above is indicated in the eBay listing page as "BJ40015584" and the Fuel Type is listed as Diesel.

What about makes you think it's petrol and not diesel?

How can we answer your questions if you don't answer ours ?

Localisation where you are looking for is important. Diesel truck are more or less common in various places of the world.
Mechanical condition is off course critical with a bad body.

Origin: Argentina.

Mechanical condition: No oil leaks, no fuel leaks, no exhaust leaks, no intake leaks. Recently rebuilt to high quality standards. Running perfectly. Drivetrain including both transmission and engine are working perfectly. Engine is original diesel.

What other questions can I answer for you to post your value opinion? Did I miss anything?

My bad I didn't check closely enough the listing, got misleaded by the title and airbox on the left.

Thanks for the answers, so with a good engine, a truck that has a lot of parts and that it's a diesel in the US I think it could be a good candidate for a restoration for someone over there that really want a diesel. So I align with the others on ~8k$ (not that I'm an expert on the US market prices).
In Europe I would have said 6k€ for example as diesel are more common.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom