UZJ 100 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I never see any 100 series Land Cruisers in Trails. Would be nice...... Seems a lot of guys on here building them for expeditions etc ya know? I fall into that catagory.
:meh:

Trails submissions are virtually all from TLCA members...

Write it up, shoot it and submit it!

A LX 470 was on the cover and a good write up was done in the past. But not much since for the 100 /470. It would be cool to see some more of these written about.

Next trip I take, I'll submit an article for review with pictures.

Sure thing. What are the specifications.. like where do I send pictures, how long can the article be etc? Whatever I write up will be on my stock vehicle, as I haven't had the time/finances to modify it yet. thanks again.

I don't want to be the least bit discouraging but sometimes it's a good idea to look at a submission from the angle of, what makes this interesting to someone besides me? If you can answer that question in an interesting way, then submitting an article on a stock 100 series might be of interest to others. And/or might make a good Member Rigs submission. But generally speaking, a 100% stock, late model vehicle feature isn't going to garner much interest. That said, if you take your 100 series on cool adventures and want to chronicle those, more power to you.

Submission information is as follows.

Toyota Trails
8 Corbran Drive
Fairview, NC 28730
editor@tlca.org

Postal service or email -- either is fine with me. It's best to submit the text as a Word document without embedded images. And the images as jpegs, largest files your camera will yield.

Thanks for your interest in the magazine and I look forward to hearing from you.

TJK

I think a write up about a trip in a stock 100 series would be interesting to a lot of TT readers. Not everyone has the money to spend on modifying their cruiser into a show truck (that is usually a several year process), and I am sure the average Joe would appreciate something along those lines. That said, it seems like owners of stock vehicles are discouraged from doing this very thing, despite what you just said. I'll get back with you in a few years. Thanks.

Wha? I think the submissions for photo entries into TT is a bit stringent. Not sure I understand why if a photo was posted here, it's not eligible for TT?

I've had numerous pix from Paragon, Yankee Toys Fall Gathering etc and since I was dumb enough to post on Mud, I've ixnayed myself out of TT! :D

Edit: I was written about in the last issue of TT, but for blowing up my diffs.

But no pix, just words... :frown:

I think a write up about a trip in a stock 100 series would be interesting to a lot of TT readers. Not everyone has the money to spend on modifying their cruiser into a show truck (that is usually a several year process), and I am sure the average Joe would appreciate something along those lines. That said, it seems like owners of stock vehicles are discouraged from doing this very thing, despite what you just said. I'll get back with you in a few years. Thanks.

You've misunderstood me. What I was cautioning you about was writing an article about your stock 100 series, unless you had some compelling and interesting angle. On the other hand, I encourage you to write about any adventures you take in your stock Land Cruiser. I think a lot of people would be interested to hear just how far off-road a stock 100 series can go.

Does that make sense?

TJK

Not sure I understand why if a photo was posted here, it's not eligible for TT?

Because we like Trails content to be fresh. If it's been published elsewhere, it's old news.

We make occasional exceptions and occasional mistakes. But for the most part, I think it's a good policy that gives Trails readers the best content for their money.

TJK

And the images as jpegs, largest files your camera will yield.

Todd,

I'm still an old fashion photographer. Yes I have digital, but I still shoot film ... 35mm, 6x7cm, 4x5in. Are they still ok? Or, should I scan them first?

JMS

We're happy to scan prints, transparencies or slides. No negatives though. Send them in a SASE and I'll return them to you.

TJK

For what it's worth, when I wrote the 45 Run article, I asked a few mudders to take the pictures they had posted down off of Mud so I could send them in with my article. They had only been up a few days, so it was no big deal. Plus they were excited to get a photo in Trails. But I'm with Todd 100% on keeping Trails content off the net. I wouldn't want to pick up a Trails, and read something I read weeks ago online.....

Also, I'd be into an article about an adventure in a stock 100 for sure!!! :D Take lots of pics!!!

I actually was considering submitting it to 4wd & Sport Utility Magazine instead. They are more along the lines of stock 4wd's.

I just picked up a new to me 99 100 series.

I will be building it up for self sufficent long range travel and documenting every step of the process so others can use it as a resource.

I will submit the build articles to Trails, because i feel TLCA and Trails are both dedicated to promoting the truck, sport, and lifestyle and do it in a positive way and i want to do my part to promote them as well!

Few Pics Of "The Victim:

hundo007_resize.jpg

hundo013_resize.jpg

hundo014_resize.jpg

Much appreciated, Kevin. I look forward to it. Just don't leave this one in Baja.... :D

TJK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom