Events/Trails UPDATED - HDC Holiday Party 2023 - Sunday December 10th 3 pm to 6 pm (2 Viewers)

Holiday Party Attendance

• Yes, I will be joining and will post the number in my party in the thread below

Votes: 19 90.5%
  • Maybe - I will let you know

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - I will not be joining. Have fun.

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
UPDATE: We have changed the start time from 12 noon to 3 pm. Please note the later start time. I hope this is ok with all.

UPDATE: I have changed the gift exchange from "White Elephant" to "Dirty Santa". See below for details.

Hey HDC Club Members,

The Elders and I have discussed the idea of having our holiday party at our house this year. I hope you don't mind, but it is just easier for me and Liz (no need to reserve pavilion, etc).

The event will start at 12 noon and we will all gather at our house - 102 Jacob Court Coralles NM 87048, with a catered lunch from Sadie's on Sunday December 10th. This event is open to all active HDC members and their families. The cost to sponsor this get-together will be covered by the club. I predict it will be a nice time for all.

Here are the details:
  • Date: Sunday December 10th, 2022
  • Time: 12 noon to 3+ pm 3 pm - 6 pm
  • Parking: Park in driveway, on street or cul-de-sac
The Club will be providing a festive holiday New Mexican meal from Sadie's (to be confirmed) including basic non-alcoholic drinks. Feel free to bring your choice of beverage. We invite members to bring their favorite dessert to share (optional). I think we should try to do a White Elephant Dirty Santa gift exchange (desirable, family friendly gifts that we steal from each other) for those that wish to participate. To enter, you will need to bring one or more family friendly gifts at a value between $15 - $25.

Please RSVP your attendance status via the Poll choice on this thread. We would also appreciate your feedback including any other family/friends that will be joining, so we can get the right amount of food.

I know that we are all looking forward to enjoying your company as we celebrate our health and happiness with our families and friends.

Poupon

RVSP Status - 36 folks confirmed (members and guest)

Poupon = 4

swhme = 4

Dumpolina = 1

mesa man = 2​

thattallhippie = 1​

Pyro-boy = 2​

Old Dirty Beard = 2​

Tank5 = 2​

ststephen69s = 1​

marcfj60 = 3​

slimbuddha = 1​

JLH = 2​

LX450JC = 2​

ChrisT4R = 2​

alia176 = 2​

Frank (no user) = 4

krazykat69 = 1​

nab856 = 2​

Last edited:
I think we’ll make this our first HDC event! RSVP-ing for 4

Wow thank you, Larry! You are so generous!
@Dumpolina = 1

Thank you Larry!
Vince +1

I will be there! VanMan (stephen) = 1

Last edited:
Paula and I are a maybe, right now, but do want to be there. Will let you know soon. Thanks for opening up your home for this get together.

I just want to put this out there...

Dirty Santa: gifts are desired and stolen from one another

White Elephant: gifts are ridiculous and difficult to keep or get rid of (e.g., a White Elephant)

Last time I showed up to a white elephant party ready to play, and they all brought desirable gifts such as bottles of whiskey or expensive candles. Don't conflate the two games otherwise I'll show up with a real W.E. like a 10 foot wooden extension cord or Hitler's teacup.

White Elephant: gifts are ridiculous and difficult to keep or get rid of (e.g., a White Elephant)

Last time I showed up to a white elephant party ready to play, and they all brought desirable gifts such as bottles of whiskey or expensive candles. Don't conflate the two games otherwise I'll show up with a real W.E. like a 10 foot wooden extension cord or Hitler's teacup.
When I hear Dirty Santa I think of gifts that would not be appropriate at a family-friendly gathering. The last time I attended one of those I came home with edible underwear and there were no kids allowed at that party.

When I hear Dirty Santa I think of gifts that would not be appropriate at a family-friendly gathering. The last time I attended one of those I came home with edible underwear and there were no kids allowed at that party.

It's called dirty because you steal the gifts.

What kind of party did you go to? Was there a big bowl of car keys?

NMBound, a big thank you for the clarification on the gift exchange. I have updated the launch message to indicate "dirty santa" and provided clarity that this is a family friendly event and gifts should be selected accordingly.

Thanks again all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom