UC chat (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was just talking about that place yesterday. I had prior obligations today though.

I've been wanting to try it, but from what I've seen/heard on other forums and their Facebook page, it looks like it mostly just a bunch of mud holes. Would like to go soon to check it out though.

I've been wanting to try it, but from what I've seen/heard on other forums and their Facebook page, it looks like it mostly just a bunch of mud holes. Would like to go soon to check it out though.
There is some mud, but a network of trails too. Still under construction in my opinion and ended up going the wrong way a few times due to unclear intersections. I posted some more detail in the What Did You Do thread

So, I gotta say... The SC Jeep Addicts Club made a pretty good showing at the Greer, SC Christmas parade this past Sunday.

Has Upstate Cruisers participated in any Christmas parades in the past or any interest for the future?

So, I gotta say... The SC Jeep Addicts Club made a pretty good showing at the Greer, SC Christmas parade this past Sunday.

Has Upstate Cruisers participated in any Christmas parades in the past or any interest for the future?
I think Jeepers love parades because my old club was very active in the local parade in GA too. It has been discussed a bit but nobody has stepped up to make it happen. I would love to see it. If you are interested in organizing there are a few options we could pursue, so let me know. Better hurry, only 11 months to get it together.

I have done the Travelers Rest parade before. I can help with that one for next year... God willing and the creek don't rise.

Attached is this year's information packet. It looks very similar to the past. I'll just plan to circle back around...

Attachments

• Parade_Information_Packet.pdf
    571.8 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:
I was on a float in the Orange Bowl Parade I believe my junior year of High School....not a fan of parades but with a grand daughter I could probably be coerced into participating!

Spotted this in one of the recent Friday Greenville Journals....sure looks like a guy we know that has a Heating/Air Company in VA called Twin Air I believe.....moonlighting @Twinair?

Josh at Corley.jpg

Spotted this in one of the recent Friday Greenville Journals....sure looks like a guy we know that has a Heating/Air Company in VA called Twin Air I believe.....moonlighting @Twinair?

View attachment 2153554
He's all local now. Hasn't been promoted to long sleeves to show how he rolls them up to work hard though.

He's all local now. Hasn't been promoted to long sleeves to show how he rolls them up to work hard though.
My bulging arms kept tearing through the long sleeves so, to save money, I gave up on the long-handle shirts in favor of the short. I'm happy to autograph the ad for a fee. My usual rate is $10 but my Mud price is $7. OEM parts aren't cheap.

Opinions needed...

I'm thinking about possibly selling my 80 to fund another project. Not super sure at this point, but wanted to get some of you guys opinions on what it's worth (for those familiar with my truck). Not factory locked, but have an Aussie rear, 4 inch Ironman, Warn M12000, ARB front bumper (dented up) 38.5 super swampers, rebuilt steering box and 105 sector shaft, new power steering pump, rebuilt front knuckles about two years ago and very few miles since then. Paint is terrible/destroyed, basically every body panel has dents, both rear quarters are dented in, driver front fender crushed, carpet is stripped out. seats are terrible, but covered in cheap seat covers. Needs new flex joints in exhaust, AC dryer is busted, so no AC, rear heat deleted, rust through where passenger seat belt mounts, rust through inside front fender about the size of a fist, transmission cooler replaced factory power steering cooler, rerouted hard lines with soft lines. 178000 miles. Also, radiator is only a few years old.

Mechanically in really good shape and a great wheeler, but it's a wheeler. I wouldn't DD it and the body and interior are rough and the fenders are cut also. I'm sure I'm forgetting lots of other things.

I know what i could for it selling parts off, but what do you guys think it's worth as a complete rig? Basically, it's ready to wheel once the exhaust was fixed.

Pictures will help a lot showing damage. It is hard to put a price on the truck without seeing what it looks like.
Yeah, I'll get some up later if I have time. Mainly posted this looking for opinions from guys who know my truck. Most here do. It's been around a while. I have a few on my phone I'll try to post some.

Honestly, I think the most you'd get out of it is $2000-2500. Only a wheeler would buy it as it sits. Someone that wants to remove body panels and build a 80 buggy would have a good start with this.

FYI, on the trailer picture. There is way more tire clearance than that, I had the springs compressed down with chains for travel

9A216CF4-BF73-411A-B163-E7D7A12306FC.jpeg

4DD97B59-D844-401F-BABA-EF6B03D2D377.jpeg

1DF62B7A-83B7-4B47-A5B7-61CEBD1A0BD1.jpeg

EFF103CE-84F4-4A70-8873-678F7EFC5BAE.jpeg

27435AD4-E9EE-41ED-8C2C-8426E277741E.jpeg

Honestly, I think the most you'd get out of it is $2000-2500. Only a wheeler would buy it as it sits. Someone that wants to remove body panels and build a 80 buggy would have a good start with this.
That'd kind of what I was thinking Rick. I can get more parting it out I know, but I think I'd rather just keep it and build a buggy in a few years than go that route.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom