UC chat (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thats every two weeks. About $900 extra a month after taxes. Hoping it doesn't last long but the forecast is bumpy right now.

Dang man, how many hours per week do you work?
My normal work load is 96 hrs every two weeks but have been working 104 hrs for months trying to pay some debt off. I work 12's. Well I did....

@Trollhole
No you desmogged it 1-2 ago?
Will try and remove a the belts and see what happens ASAP.

Barf

@Trollhole

Water pump. replaced the original with a non OE and that's what I get. Thanks a bunch for the offer though. took off the belts and ran as an old 2f should. I could spin the fan blade really fast and hear it clicking.

Hit pisgah forest today in the cruiser. Aaron did not follow directions and didn't wear socks with his boots and now has a blister on his heel. Will be heading home shortly.....

20170212_142412.jpg

20170212_140040.jpg

Saw this in davidson river campground. Autohome RTT and a monster size rack.

20170212_144549.jpg

I have a question about Horse Pasture Rd. up in Pickens. With the beautiful weather yesterday, my wife and kids had plans with some of her friends and their kids. It was either stay around the house and do "work" or ride somewhere. So, I took the dog and we headed up Hwy 11. I had never been up to Horse pasture before so I figured, if I could find it, I would ride up there. So, with the top off the 40, we loaded up and we headed NW. It was a beautiful ride up.
My GPS took me to Roy Jones Rd. off Hwy 11, but it ended a few miles short or my intended destination, at the entrance to a Cliffs Community (gated). I took a chance and backtracked to side road (Cleo Chapman?) and a short way up, I saw a parking area with a SCDNR sign and reference to the Jocassee Gorges. (GPS had no idea where I was at this point) I took this road for about 20 minutes, maybe longer and got past some public dove fields and about a mile or so later, I hit a random closed gate. There was no signage at this gate at all. There were two other cars behind me and no one knew anything about the gate or whether another road was open. There were a few side roads but the one I stayed on seemed to be the main road.

So, was I in the right area? Is that road seasonal? Has anyone been up there lately? Can you get to Jumping Off Rock from that area or was I in a totally different area all together?

I will definitely take the wife and kids back up there sometime soon.

Correct area. Easiest way in is take 11 then rt. On hwy 178. After 20 or so miles the entrance is on the left at laurel valley. Not sure if it is marked but entrance is just over the bridge on the left.

Once in the horsepasture after five to ten miles there is a rd that goes left. Kinda steep clime. That one goes to jumping off rock. Back in the day that area was awesome for dirtbike riding and wheeling.

There is a second entrance that was in the area you were in.

Heavy DNR presence and considered a state treasure so no real threat of closure by posting.

2017_02_13_12.45.15.png

2017_02_13_12.44.59.png

The view

FB_IMG_1487008532171.jpg

I think I was on a different road, maybe an alternate route. I left the gravel road and took a left, headed toward Hwy 178. There was a SCDNR station just past the area where I was on the gravel road. I came out at a rough looking biker bar, in a road fork, on Hwy 178.
I have been up to where Sassafras Mountain road access is so I am guessing I went to the wrong spot. I am thinking that the road I was on is open seasonally, maybe just not yesterday (yet).

Thanks for the info. I will head back up there soon.

I just found it on the map. I was definitely close but it appears I was on the other end of Horse pasture Rd., which is now part of the Cliffs at Keowee. It appears that there are miles and miles of gravel road on the side I came in on so if you ever want some different roads and trees to look at, this might not be a bad way to spend an afternoon.

Many years ago you could drive onto the Cliffs of Glassy property from a side road and it took you to where people would hang glide. You could then leave from that spot drive maybe a quarter mile on their road and dive off onto a road that eventually took you to Tryon. Evidently, it was all state road that they could not deny access to, but the cliffs eventually got that stopped (money talks)but I was wondering has anyone else done that ride? Wondering if it was connected to 1116 on Google Maps and it just got stopped at WSPA's tower.
It is a shame because it was a beautiful ride, beautiful views, gravel two track, creeks, etc.

It is a shame because it was a beautiful ride, beautiful views, gravel two track, creeks, etc.
Would love to chart a route from upstate SC area to maybe Asheville via nothing but dirt. Would be a fun way to get to Sierra Nevada.

I think it is more or less just a loop now. Can access jocassee but it doesn't come out anywhere in NC anymore.

Muster grounds is a fun rides well. Scenery isn't as nice but there are some decent camping spots and good hill climbs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom