Registry U.S. 70's Registration. (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My new project. 1985 bj70 20140624_203456.jpg
Thanks kurt and steve.
Www.cruiseroutfitters.com
Www.landcruisersdirect.com

Fresh off the boat last week - 1986 LJ70 in Hillsborough NC. Originally from Switzerland but I purchased in Liberia a year and a half ago.

Fresh off the boat last week - 1986 LJ70 in Hillsborough NC. Originally from Switzerland but I purchased in Liberia a year and a half ago.

Photos ..... Photos .......

DOH…Sorry it took so long!

1987 JDM BJ74 RHD 24 VOLT cable lockers, 13BT - Love this rig for a bunch of the tree work I do….No the ladder isn't for tree work….
photo-13.jpg

Get rid of those gutter mounts before they break the drip rails. Call me, I'll tell you about it.

Now I'm AFRAID to call you….

DOH…Sorry it took so long!

1987 JDM BJ74 RHD 24 VOLT cable lockers, 13BT - Love this rig for a bunch of the tree work I do….No the ladder isn't for tree work….View attachment 913365
Rob -
A sweet and RARE 7X, one that WORKS for a living ..,

Cheers,
Ward

I realize this has been tried before but with the increasing number of 70 Series in the U.S., I thought I would give it another shot. If you live in the U.S. ( nothing personal Canada ) and own a 70 Series can you post the type and state in which you reside. Feel free to post a photo. Hopefully we can get an accurate count as to how many have been imported.
Thanks.......

Hello Everyone,

this is my first post.

I've been watching the site for some time but only last year bought my first Land Cruiser. I acquired this LJ 73 in Switzerland last year. A few months later I had it shipped to CA from where I drove it to Seattle, where I now live. The car has 100k kilometers and I am the second owner.
The car runs well, it sees light duty off road use in eastern WA and has served me well so far. As it came from a cold climate, it has a Webasto diesel heater which preheats the waterlines and turns on the heater when needed. Other than that, the only changes i made were to switch to proper wheels and bumpers as the originals were pretty beat up.

If anyone else with a 70 series is in the puget sound area please feel get in touch.

Dan

DSC_9203.JPG

DSC_8168.JPG

Other than that, the only changes i made were to switch to proper wheels and bumpers as the originals were pretty beat up.

If anyone else with a 70 series is in the puget sound area please feel get in touch.

Dan

Dan -
Love the wheels - very similar to the take-offs that just went on my 73, same color as well. I am on Whidbey Island (BJ73), Tor Slinning of Torfab fame is in Mukilteo (BJ74 upgraded with a 12HT) and there are others lurking about as well. Maybe we should start a coffee circle of 7X owners...

Ward

Is there a history of Toyota using that diesel versus their own 3B or 13B-T? I assume it's a regional thing (Western Europe).

that's the motor in those giant alfa sedans. Beautiful

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom