TWT -- The Wrenching Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a random spare 2f head but no clue if it’s domed or flat piston style. I can check if you’d like - @WhiteTiger911

Yeah that would be great whenever you get a chance.

I want to say there's a serial number on the head that will tell you what year range it came from. If not, then combusion chamber picture will help get us close.

Mines a 61040 from what I understand that’s for the later 2f with flat top pistons, the 61030 is dome top. Not 100% just from what I’ve read so far that seems to be the case.

Thank you all for your help I really can’t thank you enough I’m really glad someone pointed me in the direction of this club last year.

But hey on a brighter note got my panels done I’ve been planing to do since this spring! Carpet kit gets here tomorrow and I wanted to get these in so I can put the interior back together and see how everything looks.

B48DB2B9-ABC2-49DC-833B-C73876EB16EF.jpeg

Quick and dirty paint job to add alittle sorta matching color. Thanks to the paint can I saw from the rushing turtle threat @roadstr6
CB305C1F-924A-45D8-B37A-F62FD1644CEA.jpeg

Yeah that would be great whenever you get a chance.

Mines a 61040 from what I understand that’s for the later 2f with flat top pistons, the 61030 is dome top. Not 100% just from what I’ve read so far that seems to be the case.

I'll check tonight...unless i forget, ha!

That’s not so bad I might have to save my quarters not just nickels and dimes.

Alright sounds good man thank you again.

You want to wake that motor up?

Sniper EFI
Some sort of aftermarket intake, Ofenhauser perhaps?
Header
Something like a Mallory Unilite distributor, no idea if there is one out there that fits.

I think the above combo mated with a 5 speed is the best bang for the buck out there short of a diesel or V8 swap

One man's OPINION

I do not know anything about Cam's set up, most likely similar to the Sniper.

Helped some South Carolina guy stranded in Madison fix a heat shield on his 200 this evening.

AE2B1581-7FC2-41F5-8B50-D7B6B008BE92.jpeg

It's a fools errand trying to get good power from a 2f/2fe unless you go full custom efi. You'll sink lots of money into it to get mediocre power.

For 2f solutions, sniper efi, or other bolt on, self learning efi is much better than the 2fe setup imo, unless you go full @mtweller. Save your quarters and get a v8 or diesel of some kind if you want real power.

@cruisermatt has a 2fe or 3fe he'll probably get rid of for a reasonable price. He's in FL, but would have all you need to go that path.

My advice? Take the head from @S4Cruiser, rebuild the head, and put it back together. Save your money.

It's a fools errand trying to get good power from a 2f/2fe unless you go full custom efi. You'll sink lots of money into it to get mediocre power.

For 2f solutions, sniper efi, or other bolt on, self learning efi is much better than the 2fe setup imo, unless you go full @mtweller. Save your quarters and get a v8 or diesel of some kind if you want real power.

@cruisermatt has a 2fe or 3fe he'll probably get rid of for a reasonable price. He's in FL, but would have all you need to go that path.

My advice? Take the head from @S4Cruiser, rebuild the head, and put it back together. Save your money.

More than likely I’ll just be rebuilding the head and saving money for something else should I go the direction of power or to just go a lot slower.

I saw the 2fe kit and wondered if that was a sign haha but FL is a long drive and likely expensive to ship.

Maybe this can be a fun experiment to see how well can JB weld hold?! I’ll just rig up an alarm set to go off if my oil pressure guage drops below nominal. :grinpimp:

I wouldn't test the holding power of JB weld on an crack that penetrates the oil galley, unless you're ready to put another engine in the truck.

That crack may continue to spread as you continue to heat cycle the engine, especially if you tried to tighten that plug in more.

I wouldn't test the holding power of JB weld on an crack that penetrates the oil galley, unless you're ready to put another engine in the truck.

That crack may continue to spread as you continue to heat cycle the engine, especially if you tried to tighten that plug in more.

No sense of adventure! Jk man I know it’s not the right thing to do but may do it just to get to someone’s garage so it can be worked on out of the elements. While I rebuild the other head.

Speaking of anywhere anyone could suggest? I’m hoping I can find a decent shop within a few hour radius of Burlington.

No sense of adventure! Jk man I know it’s not the right thing to do but may do it just to get to someone’s garage so it can be worked on out of the elements. While I rebuild the other head.

Speaking of anywhere anyone could suggest? I’m hoping I can find a decent shop within a few hour radius of Burlington.

For what work? Head RnR?

Blackmons imports in high point could take care of you.

For what work? Head RnR?

Blackmons imports in high point could take care of you.

Yah I want to go get it magnafluxed to make sure the new one is good and then if it needed anything else get her done right

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom