Two trucks, one Badlands winch (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 100 with an ARB, and I am bringing an 80 online with an ARB. I’m about to get a Badlands Apex 12K for the 80.

But I would like to be able to move the winch between the two trucks if that is possible. Has anyone wired up a winch with Anderson plugs or similar to be able to move it?

Edit: maybe this on both trucks?
Quick disconnect

Last edited:
No experience with those but they look like they'd work. Sometimes HF will have member sales 5-10% off, then if you sign up for a HF credit card you usually get another 10% off. I did this with mine and paid about $420-450 for the winch (can't remember exactly) If you subtract the $320 for the disconnect cables (figured 2 sets, one for each truck) you're into the second winch for $100-150. And you don't have to unbolt it from the truck each time you want to move it.

After you install the winch on the 80 you won't want to move it. It's been a long time but I'm pretty sure I put the winch in the ARB before installing the ARB on my 80. It's not a 5 minute job.

Good points. I may have been thinking too quickly about the whole deal. Looks like the mods to get the winch in these bumpers will make it dumb to try to switch it back and forth. I’m going to put it in the 80 for now and run it and if it works well I will wait for the next 25% coupon from HF and do the other one.

Thanks,

If you want to Move Winches then do a 2" Reciever (Front and Back Preferably)

Then Get this for $60

Just Remember you have to power it and Quick Disconnect.

1703351559144.png

**If you still get stuck with this Setup I recommend finding another Hobby like Golf.

1703351365404.jpeg

If you want to Move Winches then do a 2" Reciever (Front and Back Preferably)

Then Get this for $60

Just Remember you have to power it and Quick Disconnect.

View attachment 3515239

**If you still get stuck with this Setup I recommend finding another Hobby like Golf.

View attachment 3515237
Also a good idea but by the time I got all of it set up I may as well be into another HF winch for the other truck.

Also a good idea but by the time I got all of it set up I may as well be into another HF winch for the other truck.
You could not run the Wire and use it like an Extension Cord, but you would have to be Careful.
Also you Winch would not be out in the Weather so it would likely last much Longer.

I have a 80 and a GX and I do not want to Buy another Warn, so I am too thinking about the Badlands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom