Turn signal switch re build kit? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

projectTuRD

SILVER Star
Threads
I’ve googled, I’ve searched, I promise… Someone recently posted a kit of sorts, available at the dealer, to re build or replace the turn signal switch on early-ish 40s, but I can’t seem to find it.
Am I dreaming, or is this a thing?

I’ve googled, I’ve searched, I promise… Someone recently posted a kit of sorts, available at the dealer, to re build or replace the turn signal switch on early-ish 40s, but I can’t seem to find it.
I'm not sure what the date of manufacture is for your truck, but according to Switch & relay for Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40LV - Genuine parts - https://toyota-usa.epc-data.com/land_cruiser/fj40lv/3677/electric/8401/84310/ an OEM replacement is available for manufacture date 03/1969 P/N 84310-6002.

I'm not sure what the date of manufacture is for your truck, but according to Switch & relay for Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40LV - Genuine parts - https://toyota-usa.epc-data.com/land_cruiser/fj40lv/3677/electric/8401/84310/ an OEM replacement is available for manufacture date 03/1969 P/N 84310-6002.
Ha. Mine is 02/69 lol. Wonder what the difference is.

IMG_8022.png

Back in the in early 90's my turn signal switch locked up in turn - I was able to strong arm the steering wheel and break the self canceling unit and avoid a crash. I later took the unit apart and able to epoxy fill the burned area around the contacts and fix the contact. Turn signals work but no longer self cancel.

1695090591426.png

1695090615497.png

1695090629453.png

I have a 01/1969 on the data plate BUT, there are a lot of parts that are fit into 03/1969 to 09/1969. My personal feelings are that Toyota was always looking ahead and perhaps the new parts are applied to the couple months prior on the line. Also, since the original owner purchased my FJ40 , he never changed anything. I would certainly buy the 03/1969 as I believe it will be the same.

Minor wire routing question—
Does the harness go above the brace, or below like shown?
Probably makes no difference but it seems like it rubs on the stopper bolt thing.
🤷🏼‍♂️

image.jpg

Excellent!
I think the only real difference is that OE early arms were chrome while the updated unit has a black lever. This same unit even works on '72 up to the new column design in '74 but you must cut the bullets and put the plug with spade terminals on or otherwise make an adapter harness. I think Coolerman sells the adapter harness

I think the only real difference is that OE early arms were chrome while the updated unit has a black lever. This same unit even works on '72 up to the new column design in '74 but you must cut the bullets and put the plug with spade terminals on or otherwise make an adapter harness. I think Coolerman sells the adapter harness
Or you could get the one @ToyotaMatt sells with the plug on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom