TURBO under $2k (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It lacks a lowering kit and underglow, which is required for all turbo Japanese cars. I'm so glad I have a 3FE, I don't have to worry about these petty things like horsepower or aftermarket support. Check out the @NLXTACY Wit's End kit, its cost like 3 of those but it looks better put together and you can bitch directly at him when you strip your drain plug during a routine service. He also failed to include a lowering kit/underglow though.

1624110395248.jpeg

I think I’m going to buy one for that price. All you have to do is have a down pipe made. Hopefully easy peaszy under $2k with 3-4psi boost.
And what the hell are underglow and a lowering kit?

I think I’m going to buy one for that price. All you have to do is have a down pipe made. Hopefully easy peaszy under $2k with 3-4psi boost.
And what the hell are underglow and a lowering kit?
Lol. He's referring to fast and the furious.

Are you out of Cali? I'm not sure if you'll fail emissions with this kit 🤷🏽‍♂️

Send it!!!!

Just make sure to thoroughly document the entire process.

Last edited:
There is a guy out of Kansas City that bought this kit and upgraded the turbo. He bought just the basics, fab'd an intercooler, and an intake box. I asked him why he didn't write it up? He said he's bad at that and not on MUD a lot. I'll post the pics of his setup later tonight. And I'll ask him if he'll chime in.

It’s tempting. I’m just curious about the manifold. If we were able to get a good J pipe fabbed you would be able to keep the stock manifolds and make things a bit easier and piece something together with a better turbo and waste gate for +/- some $$.

I been wanting to piece a turbo together for mine. However the hard part for me is finding a good manifold. Been looking at the 6 boost, but haven’t fully researched the fitment if there is any differences between US and AUS models.

It’s tempting. I’m just curious about the manifold. If we were able to get a good J pipe fabbed you would be able to keep the stock manifolds and make things a bit easier and piece something together with a better turbo and waste gate for +/- some $$.

I been wanting to piece a turbo together for mine. However the hard part for me is finding a good manifold. Been looking at the 6 boost, but haven’t fully researched the fitment if there is any differences between US and AUS models.
I could be wrong, but I thought Ive heard that CX racing makes good/strong headers. If this is true, I don't see anything that'll be wrong with this manifold.

I could be wrong, but I thought Ive heard that CX racing makes good/strong headers. If this is true, I don't see anything that'll be wrong with this manifold.
I saw posts about people discussing that it should be reinforced because of weight of the turbo on it. Easy fix though. I haven’t seen anyone post failures of it though.

Joeys kit is very nice. Checked the site a couple times when having some beverages and contemplated ordering it, but been out of stock. Which is understandable with Joey having not the greatest year in 2020 which has already been discussed. It’s probably better for me being out of stock. If I drove my LC every day I could justify the price for the kit.

I saw posts about people discussing that it should be reinforced because of weight of the turbo on it. Easy fix though. I haven’t seen anyone post failures of it though.

Joeys kit is very nice. Checked the site a couple times when having some beverages and contemplated ordering it, but been out of stock. Which is understandable with Joey having not the greatest year in 2020 which has already been discussed. It’s probably better for me being out of stock. If I drove my LC every day I could justify the price for the kit.
Yeah Joey's kit is pretty slick. Nicely made like all of his designs.

I usually make my purchases while drinking too. No regrets 🤣

Test Mule #1 has this manifold. Its been welded somewhere around 8ish times to slow the exhaust leaks. Finally ripping this stupid thing off.

Test Mule #1 has this manifold. Its been welded somewhere around 8ish times to slow the exhaust leaks. Finally ripping this stupid thing off.
I stand corrected.

I’m trying to buy it but I guess it’s not in stock. Anyone else know where to buy this kit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom