Turbo owners - what additional gages have you fitted? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'd like to add an AFR analog gauge and it looks like this is the one that fits the bill. I don't want - digital, fancy glow light, lit up sweeping arms that changes color and all that. I just want a simple analog gauge with backlit for night time viewing. This will match the tech of the Bosch analog boost gauge I have in their currently.

If you know of a similar gauge at a more competitive price, pls let me know. Size needs to be 2" diam.

Amazon product ASIN B003JZOZLI

All the sensors requiring tubing, etc. are out under the hood. They all then wire back to the computer which is remote from the gauge you saw. I zip tied the computer under the dash near the steering column, Will take a couple of pics later today and share.

Thanks for the kudos - it's a nice setup - very compact for al the info it provides.
did you get any pictures of the setup under the dash / hood?

did you get any pictures of the setup under the dash / hood?

There isn’t much to see with the JRP gauge, which is really convenient.

Sensors go to various places and a wire feeds back into the main computer (small 4” x 5” x 1” thick box). The display is connected to that box via a small wire.

I ran the wires through the firewall near the steering column, the box is Velcro’d under the steering column and the display on top. I pulled power from the fuse panel.

But I also stopped Using the it like 6 months ago. Truck has run great for 2 years turbo’d and I don’t push it hard so I feel comfortable without it there.

If you’re in the market for one, I’ll sell it for a good price. I extended the oil temp sensor.

There isn’t much to see with the JRP gauge, which is really convenient.

Sensors go to various places and a wire feeds back into the main computer (small 4” x 5” x 1” thick box). The display is connected to that box via a small wire.

I ran the wires through the firewall near the steering column, the box is Velcro’d under the steering column and the display on top. I pulled power from the fuse panel.

But I also stopped Using the it like 6 months ago. Truck has run great for 2 years turbo’d and I don’t push it hard so I feel comfortable without it there.

If you’re in the market for one, I’ll sell it for a good price. I extended the oil temp sensor.
Good to know, thanks for the reply

JRP 14 in 1 gauge. Display shows my preferences, boost, AFR, oil temp, water temp, oil pressure.

There are additional gauges in the background, EGT, and more.

The background gauges do jump to the front if they fall outside your set ranges. They illuminate & has an audible alarm.

IMG_4641.jpeg

IMG_0058.png

Boost and AFR is what I run in my 80 on the A pillar with two pod autometer pods. The wires are really easy to tuck behind the pods

Had some custom units made up for a client. Went with Boost and AFR. They turned out great.
PXL_20240220_000250721.MP.jpg

PXL_20240219_232054840.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL~2.jpg

PXL_20240304_232558524.jpg

Another truck that we got running today went with the gauges Boost AFR and a combo coolant/trans temp.
PXL_20240305_225228042.jpg

PXL_20240306_002904624.jpg

PXL_20240304_232535459.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom