Tune Up/Service parts for BJ 3.0 liter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know of a source for the Filters needed for proper upkeep on the Diesel BJ and what brake pads are the right ones for the 4 disc setup. It is a '75 Mfr date 11/1974.

Does anyone know of a source for the Filters needed for proper upkeep on the Diesel BJ and what brake pads are the right ones for the 4 disc setup. It is a '75 Mfr date 11/1974.
11/74 came with 4 wheel drum brakes.

Most common for front brakes would likely be 8/'77 landcruiser front brake pads.

Again, to guess blindly, you've likely got GM mini calipers from a '79 Monte Carlo.

Pictures of what you've got would help.

Most locals here order the filters out of Australia.

At present, the BJ40 is not in my hands. That'll be this coming saturday. It has one of the 3.0 liter motors but until saturday I won't know the exact details. I appreciate the link that you've provided to get me started.
Valve Lash adjustments look pretty straight forward. Almost as easy as my old airhead BMW motorcycles.

11/74 came with 4 wheel drum brakes.

Most common for front brakes would likely be 8/'77 landcruiser front brake pads.

Again, to guess blindly, you've likely got GM mini calipers from a '79 Monte Carlo.

Pictures of what you've got would help.

Most locals here order the filters out of Australia.
I should have pics for reference come this sunday I believe the brakes were modifired to 4 discs in 2021 during a refurbishment in Costa Rica: It's original home.

I should have pics for reference come this sunday I believe the brakes were modifired to 4 discs in 2021 during a refurbishment in Costa Rica: It's original home.
Don't buy any parts now. Being from Costa Rica, you won't know what you have until you receive the truck.

If it's a 3.0, then it's likely a "B" diesel, which I don't think were ever sold in a Land Cruiser in the North American market (don't quote me on that). I'm not even sure there was ever a diesel Cruiser sold in the USA, though they did bring diesel 40, 60, and 70 series trucks into Canada for a while, mostly equipped with 3B and 2H engines. The 3Bs were often 24v as well - especially in the 40 series. There might have been some "B"-equipped forklifts sold in NA, but that's a whole other thing.

All that to say: you're likely going to have to get pretty resourceful at finding engine parts for your truck. The B and the 3B might have some parts in common, but even the 3B parts are getting harder to find.

That's the plan. Wait until I can give a full examination prior to parts purchase. The seller has been driving it regularly and so far his major complaint is that it doesn't have a heater; just A/C.
We shall see on Saturday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom