Tundra wheels on Landcruiser? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@2001LC, here's a close up of the center cap I have from my '98 with a Tundra wheel and the Falken AT3W 275-65-18. Today they were replaced with '07 LX470 wheels and 275-70-18 Cooper ST Maxx tires. Your 2001 center cap should fit unless it changed in three years but I doubt it as the rim style is the same up to the mid-cycle refresh in 2003.

Edit: just realized you mentioned these weren't the same wheels you have, d'oh!

View attachment 1418611

I was running the same set up as you with my 07 Tundra wheels on my 01LC. I'll try my 01 again, some warmer day to reduce risk of breaking cold plastic.

But it seem in 2017 or thereabouts Tundra made a change, as none of my hub caps fit. They where all just a little to large to clip in. Seems the older Tundra's work better for us. CL is loading up with 2013 new wheel/tires with 11/32 tread, some great deals. Be nice to find a plug & play cap for them!

Last resort I'll started with BFH, I'm sure I've got old grease cap lying around.

good thing i brought this up form the dead :)
Haha, Going back to your 2014 wheels. So it depends on when Tundra made the change. Do they look like @landylover21 and my 07 Tundra wheels or my 2017's. If 07's most 100 series seem to fit, for sure 98-02 and 07 LC caps.

I actually checked the specs on the tundra rims and i couldnt find any difference on the 2017 specs for you so everything is the same but im betting they changed the cap diam a bit... and thats not really a spec so who knows... maybe dremel the hub so your cap fits in it?

Will these fit my 2000 hundy?

20170706_222748.png

Just for my own edification. What is the smallest size spacer we can run to get past the front hubs. My rears for perfectly but the fronts are catching in the tiny hub bolts and not letting me seat the rim fully. Thanks all

okay, i just checked my LC hub covers and compared w/garage stock (i.e., hub covers that came with used 18" Tundra rims), and walahh! --- I must have used/snapped on my OEM LC HUBS onto the Tundra rims (they fit perfectly; never lost one in 5 yrs of running). See pics. Notice how the Tundra caps are flat, and orig LC caps are cupped. So folks, buy a set of LC caps and you should be all set (at least with Alloy rims/ the chrome TRDs like on white LC pictured above might not look right/match - included pic of my LC cap snapped onto the (now in disuse) 07 18" Tundra rim.
I put 2016 tundra rims on my 99 lc. I used 1" wheel spacer I bought from ebay. You can get 2" if you want the wider stance. They are under $100 and space the wheel out far enough to use the tundra wheel caps.

TundraRims.jpg

Up on this thread 🤘🏻

CC4EDA81-4B4B-4ACB-A03E-E27DEFD562C2.jpeg

About to put in 20” Tundra OE wheels in a couple of weeks. Have a few questions lined up:

- from the pictures on this thread I believe the center caps on these wheels won’t work on an LX470 because of the front hub? - will a set of hub-centric wheel spacers solve that? I like the flat center caps on these things (rather than dome type center caps), I like it flushed and looking clean!

Hopeful to get some insights or possibly actual photos who has done this or currently has this setup with some photos for reference. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I just put 2014 Tundra 20” on mine. Slight rub in the front. I am planning to run 33” tires and level the front suspension with the back. So I am looking into the slee and bora spacers now.

D2D990CC-23A1-4516-B572-A81E772302C5.jpeg

@06LCTrekto500K When are they rubbing and where? Looking at your image it seems like you should have more than enough room.

@06LCTrekto500K When are they rubbing and where? Looking at your image it seems like you should have more than enough room.

I'm going to have to get my wife to turn the wheel while I look. She’s out of town for the weekend so I’ll have to try tomorrow night with a flashlight or Monday and find it. I’m curious myself as well. But given that a lot members are saying they have no problems with quality spacers, I figured I’d make the stance look wider as well.

My ultimate plan is to do a 1.5 inch AHC lift including king springs and AHC spacers (already ordered) and run 33 inch street tires on these wheels for the everyday driving. I am a realtor so have to carry clients around and do drive older clients. So I see a benefit to keeping the AHC. And then running 33-34” mud tires for our trips around North Georgia, NC, and Tennessee.

Mine came with these 18” Tundra wheels. I think it looks better than the 16” that were stock. Definitely a good look if you ask me.

1A3D03A4-3CA6-4FA9-BE31-CDCB4B7F6F99.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom