OEM Wheel Weights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

hoser

SILVER Star
Threads
Just wanted to collect the weight information for OEM wheels in one thread. If you have some wheels laying around without any tires mounted nor wheel weights, please post up. Bathroom scale accuracy is good enough.

1) 98-02 LC 16x8 +60mm alloy wheels 24lbs
2) '07+ 18x8 Tundra 5 spoke steel 39lbs
3) '07+ 18x8 Tundra 5 spoke alloy wheel 29lbs
98LC.jpeg
Tundra 5 spoke steel.jpeg
Unknown.jpeg

Last edited:
4) TRD 17x8 Rock Warrior Alloy +50mm offset 24lbs (less weight if you remove the fake beadlock rings. I'll weigh those later)
5) 03-05 LC 18x8. 27.5 lbs with center caps and some balancing weights left on
6) 16 x 8 steel, 40 lbs
Unknown-1.jpeg
Thumbnail.ashx.jpeg
wheel.jpg

Last edited:
and more

and even more

is a 16 inch trd wheel made that would fit a hundy?

Also the 16 inch OEM LX470 98-200? wheel weighs 24 lbs as well.

Yukon, The only 16 in TRD wheel that i have ever seen was 6 lug for the 1st gen tundra's (Great looking wheel)

Dang, i love those wheels. I think the FJ ones look great.

16 x 8 steel, 40 lbs
wheel.jpg

I'll add to 100 TD's post... those steel wheels ARE sometimes available through Toyota USA. Contact Beno.

42601-60600 Mud: $119.54/ea

Remember that the more wheel/tire weight to rotate, the greater the hit in gas mileage and brake wear. Which sucks, because I'm likin me some of those steel wheels. I know we're not driving Prius', but still, every little bit helps...

Remember that the more wheel/tire weight to rotate, the greater the hit in gas mileage and brake wear. Which sucks, because I'm likin me some of those steel wheels. I know we're not driving Prius', but still, every little bit helps...
Fuel in the USA is cheap, in OZ we pay approx $5.33 per US gallon, if you want steelies go for it, I wouldn't worry about your fuel usage....................

It's $4/gal now. We'll be seeing $5/gal in the summer.

I'll add to 100 TD's post... those steel wheels ARE sometimes available through Toyota USA. Contact Beno.

42601-60600 Mud: $119.54/ea

There are four available in the US currently.

The price quoted here is the MUDder discounted price.

This has been mentioned in here a few times, but that doesn't make it more true.
The weight of the wheels/tires does not contribute to brake wear, consumption or reduced accelleration any more than weight anywhere else on the vehicle.
Only if you put it on stands, with the wheels in the air.

Thought this would be the right thread for it...

There are four available in the US currently.

The price quoted here is the MUDder discounted price.

i have 7 "steelies" i am willing to part with. That link for the guy "coming to Australia" i saw on another thread - if you want em, PM me and get him involved. They are all off IFS LC100s that went the alloy route. They are all in boxes. I have caps for them, although i swapped one out that Toyota damaged that i didnt see until way after the service.
And they are "pick up only" coz of the weight.
cheers
peter

Last edited:
This has been mentioned in here a few times, but that doesn't make it more true.
The weight of the wheels/tires does not contribute to brake wear, consumption or reduced accelleration any more than weight anywhere else on the vehicle.
Only if you put it on stands, with the wheels in the air.

Thought this would be the right thread for it...

Interesting. Certainly makes me question my old beliefs on this. Thanks.

Also potentially of interest: effects of unsprung mass on handling:

Unsprung mass - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sorry Boys,

The energy required to start, stop and maintain rotational mass is directly proportional to the amount of mass in question. More energy is required to spin a 83 lb tire (my oe tundra rock crawler wheels and the BFG 285/70/17 "e" range tire) then my old snow tires (64 lbs oe lx 470 rim and c range 265/75/16). these tires are about the same dia. I went from 14.7 mpg to 13.8 with the new RW wheels and tires. Exceleration energy comes from one source, fuel. Braking or the reduction of rotational mass comes from the brakes. Therefor the heavier the wheel and tire combo, the more fuel it takes to run it and more brakes are required to stop it.

Physics is physics

Period

TLC Dan

I'm with TLC Dan on this.

However, if heavier is due to larger diameter then there is some offsetting benefit by having the rotational speed be lower.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom