Tucson 40 assistance (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all. It’s been a heck of a year this last year, but after everything I’ve landed in Tucson with a new job. My question is: is anyone down here that has a 40 that could assist me in my final fine tuning of cowboy, to get him safely back on the road?

I'm down here in Tucson and always willing to lend a hand when I can.

I believe I have to time the engine and final adjust the carb. I recently had the carb rebuilt by mark in Burbank because it had a high idle and was gummed up. When installed it runs pretty good, but it everything shakes when I rev it. It feels like it’s not in synk but it’s trying. I believe I have the tools, but it would be cool to have someone that has a good cruiser to help bring it in.

I am willing to help but don't know when I will have the time.

I was hoping to tinker on it this weekend
I have got to take down Christmas lights before the HOA starts yelling at me. Plus who knows what the wife is going to have me do. But if I can get away I can be an other body.

I have got to take down Christmas lights before the HOA starts yelling at me. Plus who knows what the wife is going to have me do. But if I can get away I can be an other body.
Nope running around today

Where is a good place to go for parts in Tucson? Desert Toyota is so so...
precision Toyota

X Eleventy Grazzilion

At Precision try to work with Mary. She is a professional. Their prices are not the best, but they do have a AAA discount. I've tried for years to get a better one, with no luck. Sometimes she'll sweeten the deal though.

Do not ever step into Desert Toyota unless it is just life or death. You might as well go to AutoZone or the like. 12 year old parts slingers at the counter with enough attitude to make you want to punch them in the pancreas. Their service writers suck too. I drive twice as far to go to Precision. I call up with parts numbers and pick them up when available, which is usually just a couple of days if they are not in stock. Desert Toyota for what ever reason always seemed to be a lot longer.

Ya... I showed the part guy a picture of my part number I needed (igniter).. he asked me if my vehicle had 2 rear doors or one flip up... he then proceeded to explain and mime them out for me.... along with the standard auto zone questions (engine? 2 or 4wd) worst service..

Merle's is awesome if you don't need OEM (but quality parts). They sent one of their parts runners to Precision for a vent hose when I had an emergency on a Saturday. Probably not the norm, but blew me away.

@mtn biker here is my igniter:

92410DD2-7D21-476A-9535-DC27E91A0242.jpeg

02E81899-2FD8-4216-891B-200B80072903.jpeg

AE889E9A-0426-42FF-89B1-3C12BD1C8D60.jpeg

Merle's is awesome if you don't need OEM (but quality parts). They sent one of their parts runners to Precision for a vent hose when I had an emergency on a Saturday. Probably not the norm, but blew me away.

Agreed. If I’m not doing OEM, it is either Merle’s or NAPA.

I turn right around on my heels in any autoparts store as soon as they go "what application ?" :bang:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom