TrekboxX drawer system for 80 series! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks! Sheet thickness? Drawer size? Still don't know what Line-X is made of...

Last edited:
Thanks! Sheet thickness? Drawer size? Still don't know what Line-X is made of...
Not sure it will help you understand, but it is a two-part polyurea elastomeric coating. As far as drawer size, the large drawer is 17" wide x 9.5" deep x 37" long. The shallow drawer is 17 x 3.75 x 37. I'm not sure what you mean by sheet thickness? If you mean the wood used to construct them, it varies by part. 12mm, 15mm, and 18mm Baltic Birch.

The company website says there are 20+ formulations available. If google can tell you which one is being used on this particular product, your google-fu skills are truly impressive...

I agree that that would require some impressive google-fu... however, knowing what you wanted to know without you actually asking it would take some pretty impressive skills too!

Very impressive product being produced here!

Not sure it will help you understand, but it is a two-part polyurea elastomeric coating. As far as drawer size, the large drawer is 17" wide x 9.5" deep x 37" long. The shallow drawer is 17 x 3.75 x 37. I'm not sure what you mean by sheet thickness? If you mean the wood used to construct them, it varies by part. 12mm, 15mm, and 18mm Baltic Birch.
Thanks! Yeah a lot of coatings offgas toxic fumes for quite a while, particularly in a hot vehicle. But as I understand it, polyurea is very stable and doesn't have that problem. Excellent choice. :) ICON uses it quite a bit.

First 80 series System Alpha.

IMG_9223.JPG

Sweet!!

So what's the story with the end panels? Do they just come as blanks and we cut in whatever we need or do they come with those particular plugs/switches? I'd assume the former...

And do the boxes conform to the back angle of the 2nd row seats or is there a little gap there to store things you rarely need to get to?

Sweet!!

So what's the story with the end panels? Do they just come as blanks and we cut in whatever we need or do they come with those particular plugs/switches? I'd assume the former...

And do the boxes conform to the back angle of the 2nd row seats or is there a little gap there to store things you rarely need to get to?

The end panels are just blank, like the pic below. They are easily removable so you can modify to suit your needs. One of the many benefits of wood is that it's easy for the end user to modify, drill holes, attach stuff, etc.

The boxes are quite close to the seats along the top back edge, but there is a small triangular space due to the seat angle. You could store some stuff back there, as long as it was large enough not to fall into the back of the system as it is open for weight savings and access to the internals.

Outdoorx4 (14 of 20)-1-1.2.jpg

Will the fridge divider and shelf only work on your trekbox...or do you think it could be leveraged on other similar design drawers?

Will the fridge divider and shelf only work on your trekbox...or do you think it could be leveraged on other similar design drawers?
I have no idea. These are designed for my systems, so I doubt they would fit something else. The system would have to have the exact same dimensions.

Hey all! I just wanted to give you a heads up that I'm running a sale for the next week. I rarely do sales, but to be honest the heat this summer kicked my butt! I'd like to have those of you interested get a system while it's cooler under the welding helmet. Also, since these take a while to build, it avoids the last minute rush builds for a planned summer trip, etc.

Sale will run from Oct. 16th - 23rd. If you want a reminder sign up for my email list and I'll let you know what's going on.

Email list

Also, you can finance the system for 6 months interest free if that's an issue. Details HERE.

Thanks all!
David

Price is definitely pertinent information. That said, I have never handled or seen them in person so I was in no way insinuating they are not worth your price.
I have and they are above and way beyond any other drawer system made or bought anywhere else. period. they are the slee of rear drawers, except for slee's rear drawers of course. next level. and I dont have them.

@TrekboxX

70-series guys would love these as an option too.

I measured your box, I have two for HDJ81’s. Perfect length for a 70 but 3” to wide. The trim out kit would also be specific to the 70.

Just a thought.

Cheers

@TrekboxX

70-series guys would love these as an option too.

I measured your box, I have two for HDJ81’s. Perfect length for a 70 but 3” to wide. The trim out kit would also be specific to the 70.

Just a thought.

Cheers
I'm happy to make a system for the 70- I just need a donor rig!

I could possibly set you up with a donor rig for a MWB 73/74 series... one measurement different than a SWB 70/71 series.

Bump on this thread. Looking for information on sizing. Looks like the fridge area is 32” x 19” or so. I’m looking to get a National Luna fridge setup. I spoke to Equipt yesterday and was told a 50L National Luna was probably the largest I could fit. But looking at the sizing it looks like I could get a 60L model in there (30” x 17”). Anyone got any experience with this combo or something similar? Also, I will not have a shelf above the fridge so height should not be an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom