TRD Supercharger (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RFB

97 FZJ80 LIFTED SC DUAL BATTERIES,37s
Threads
Website
www.youtube.com
Im thinking about that dreaded 100K deadline on the TRD can I swap oil and carry on or should I do as @cruiserdan says and send it to PSE. I have the grey oil kit from toyota, but is that enough? Shes got no leaks etc. but I drive and wheel a lot.

Changing the oil does not address the rear rotor bearings. The blower needs to come apart to get to them.

Your call.

Changing the oil does not address the rear rotor bearings. The blower needs to come apart to get to them.

Your call.
Roger, already got the email instructions from PSE thanks Dan

It's not all of that, if we can do it....

IIRC, the victim was well past the 100mi "deadline". Overall it looked good, e-bay kit, replaced everything but the front rotor bearings, they looked good and getting the gear timing right would be a trick. Works, runs smooth and makes good boost.
:meh:

I'm still trying to decide to do myself or send out. After watching these videos it doesn't look very difficult:

It's not all of that, if we can do it....

IIRC, the victim was well past the 100mi "deadline". Overall it looked good, e-bay kit, replaced everything but the front rotor bearings, they looked good and getting the gear timing right would be a trick. Works, runs smooth and makes good boost.
:meh:

I was amazed at how good the bearings all looked/felt. The needle bearings in the back of the assembly looked just as good as the new replacements, and they were still full of grease. The only obvious wear was the nose come seal was wheaping just a trace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom