Trail Tailor Offerings (22 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Please do. This would be really helpful.

You may need the spacers for the ARB on most models need them.

J

IMG_20180215_140117569.jpg

Please do. This would be really helpful.

On my 86, no spacer needed, Would need longer bolts. They would hang down and sit at the frame horns So that is about 6-8" back from the front. I has to deal with a Crisis at work all evening, so I can take pictures tomorrow. But the bolts do line up.

J,

Where do the spacers go? I have a new style ARB and it would be flush to the bottom of the bracket.

Finally had time to install the 2m Trail Tailor awning that Jason shipped out right before Christmas. Other than flopping it out on the living room carpet, I had not taken a close look.

Not surprisingly, it is well designed and well made out of great materials. The mounting brackets are extremely stout stainless angles with two different sets of fasteners, t-nuts for a rack system, and stainless bolts with ny-lock nuts for a more conventional mount. The awning is basically fabric between two aluminum track extrusions. The extrusion mounted to the vehicle self stores the adjustable length horizontal poles. and the extrusion on the outside of the awning self stores the adjustable length vertical poles.

Assembly is as simple as unzipping the waterproof storage bag, undoing two velcro straps, and unrolling the fabric which is rolled around the outside extrusion. Pull the adjustable poles out of the tracks, insert the pin end of the horizontal roof supports into the outside track ,and adjust the vertical poles to the desired height. The awning is self supporting, but in a windy situation you would use the supplied pegs and guy ropes. there are velcro straps at the sides of the awning to attach the awning to the horizontal roof supports.

IMG_20180227_152231105.jpg

20180218_160756.jpg

20180227_152537.jpg

20180227_152705.jpg

I couldn't be more pleased. I bought this sight unseen, and like everything else I have gotten from @reevesci , it has exceeded my expectations.

So pretty ~~
So Shiny ~~

I bet he made a necklace out of some of them ~~~

>.>

:banana:

Anyone got a photo of Jason’s recovery points mounted up with a new style ARB bumper? Maybe @Willard or @HemiAlex

I’m not willing to trust those holes in the bottom of the ARB as recovery points. My rig is also Shackle reversed so I’m not sure if that will interfere with mounting these.
I do not have mine mounted as I have to pull the ARB off for paint.

But to give you an idea

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom