Trail ride 2.12.22 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

wait....is this a joke....
That pic was taken 02.06.22...

He told me this am that they broke through several spots like that. He had to winch multiple times. They still plan to go back this weekend with a smaller tire group.

With that being said I think it should be mandatory that everyone have a working winch and recovery points. THAT OR A HEAVY RIGHT FOOT!

I've got a winch....still in the box in the cargo area. 🤦
I saw these pics on the groups fb page and @H8 Roads IG. I figured they were old but nope there's still that much snow up there.
Highs in the 40s all this week here and freezing Temps at night will probably mean a lot of ice by the weekend.

More updates:

Flagpole was the only trail with heavy drifts. Union and Switzer has light snow and ice.

Well... As of today, I now have a furniture delivery coming to my SC house on Thursday (from back in August), and the current contractor for my April 2020 insurance claim in NC told me they're coming to finally complete the repairs tomorrow through Friday. No way in hell I'm NOT gonna be here for that, so I'm out for this weekend, and there will be unprecedented levels of anger if I can't finally sign off on it this week.

Now, how to be in two places at once...

@matzell Maybe you can pass off the 80 carpet to @afgman786 ? I'll still be going to NOVA next week and can grab it from him then. I'll get your payment figured out somehow.

Well... As of today, I now have a furniture delivery coming to my SC house on Thursday (from back in August), and the current contractor for my April 2020 insurance claim in NC told me they're coming to finally complete the repairs tomorrow through Friday. No way in hell I'm NOT gonna be here for that, so I'm out for this weekend, and there will be unprecedented levels of anger if I can't finally sign off on it this week.

Now, how to be in two places at once...

@matzell Maybe you can pass off the 80 carpet to @afgman786 ? I'll still be going to NOVA next week and can grab it from him then. I'll get your payment figured out somehow.
Yes I can do that.

What are the set time and location for meetup sir?

...they're coming to finally complete the repairs tomorrow through Friday.
Two crews showed up at 9am. They dropped some stuff off and then left "To go help out at another job site for awhile". I kind of couldn't blame them since it was still in the 20's and no part of my project is in the sun until around 2pm, not to mention the frost on the roof and deck where they need to place ladders. At least their tools and material are here. 41 hours to go.

At the last meeting we discussed joining CLCC on their trip to the Harrisonburg area and go up Flagpole Knob. It is looking more and more like they will go the weekend after. I have to work so the 12th works for me. I suggested letting any of the guys from CLCC meet up with us that can not make the other weekends. I know it is the Super Bowl but I am suggesting going up for the day. Meet up there about 8 am and get on the trail by 9am. There may be traffic as it is a popular area. We may also have snow pack as well and we will have to keep an eye on the weather.

Please post up if this weekend works for you and you can make it. It should be possible in a stockish vehicle.

I am still waiting on updates from SV4WD

Here is the list so far:

matzell
@JohnVee
@ShenValley100LC
@davidp14
@bkfj40 - may join up later in day
Dennis- Richmond guy with token Jeep!
@afgman786
@BullRunOverland

I am leaning towards meeting at Turner Ashby school and going up Union Springs to pick up @ShenValley100LC , Flagpole and down Switzer.
Just jumping in on this now. Have not read all the way down yet, but SV4W ran FP last weekend and had a bit of snow. Don't think they are running FP this weekend.?

edit...OK I read it...Guess you spoke with Jeramy. Yes...sweet samurai.

Last edited:
Tonight did not go as planned. I have not figured this out. I need to drop my trailer. I am thinking Ottobine Elementary School 8;30. Head to trails at 9:00. This is closer to the trail head and also the return trip back from Switzer. This is where my local friend said they drop.

Everyone please bring recover gear, food, drinks for the day. We will do lunch at the top hopefully. We may not do Flagpole but may go look at it to see what it looks like. I do not think the snow is going to melt much this week, looks like it is in shaded areas. It will refreeze each night.

High near 60 tomorrow in the valley. So low 50s on the mountain and low should still be above freezing Tomorrow night. Sat same so things are looking up for us.

Would be a nice night to camp tomorrow but I doubt I can get my stuff together in time.

High near 60 tomorrow in the valley. So low 50s on the mountain and low should still be above freezing Tomorrow night. Sat same so things are looking up for us.

Would be a nice night to camp tomorrow but I doubt I can get my stuff together in time.
Yeah I keep meaning to get my stuff together this week and it keeps not happening. So the likelihood of forgetting large amounts of stuff is high, o well just gonna go for it.

There's a couple campsites right at the start of the switch backs before the funner stuff. Depending on when I can get out and where the snow starts will probably determine where we camp out. I'll have a signal booster so I may actually have signal but there's no way we miss each other when you guys come up the trail.

I updated first post, had a few drop out and new location to meet.

20220207_140358.jpg

New cat back looks way too clean. Looking forward to getting it dirty tomorrow 🤪

See you guys at 8:30. Im camping tonight at the base at hone quarry campground if anyone else wants to join.
Or you can get a head start on the trail and wild camp with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom